T-Mobile once again will only be stocking the 16GB

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
For those that want the 64GB (or 128GB) and plan on going to a store on launch day, according to T-Mobile (phone support and store employee), they will only be stocking the 16GB and will have to order you the other storage option. They did this with the 5 and 5S as well.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
For those that want the 64GB (or 128GB) and plan on going to a store on launch day, according to T-Mobile (phone support and store employee), they will only be stocking the 16GB and will have to order you the other storage option. They did this with the 5 and 5S as well.

I find that a really odd practice in this day and age of large apps and huge music collections.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is true, only the 16 in store on release. I'll go out to get one and still wait for my 64gb backorder if it's not shipped to me on Friday.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
This kills my plans for stopping by a T-Mobile store on launch day. Looks like I am back to my original plan of going to my local Apple store.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
This is true, only the 16 in store on release. I'll go out to get one and still wait for my 64gb backorder if it's not shipped to me on Friday.
That is a great idea.

Not to dispute this, but isn't this the first launch day for T-Mobile? They didn't carry the 5 or 5S for launch and my local store carried all sizes for the 5S(at least that's what I was told).

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
That is a great idea.

Not to dispute this, but isn't this the first launch day for T-Mobile? They didn't carry the 5 or 5S for launch and my local store carried all sizes for the 5S(at least that's what I was told).

I might be wrong about the 5 but they most certainly had the 5S on launch day. I remember calling around trying to find one and they were told out. And not a single store carried anything higher than 16GB. I called every store in the Portland metro area trying to track one down and they all said the same thing, to order online, customer care or to come in the store and they could order for me.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I might be wrong about the 5 but they most certainly had the 5S on launch day. I remember calling around trying to find one and they were told out. And not a single store carried anything higher than 16GB. I called every store in the Portland metro area trying to track one down and they all said the same thing, to order online, customer care or to come in the store and they could order for me.
I was with ATT for the 5S launch that's why I wasn't sure. If they do that this time that is just stupid. I know they may only have a few, but to not have any on purpose doesn't make any sense.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I was with ATT for the 5S launch that's why I wasn't sure. If they do that this time that is just stupid. I know they may only have a few, but to not have any on purpose doesn't make any sense.

Well since I dont have anything else going on, and it's a lazy Saturday for me I have been calling. I have spoken with 8 stores so far and they all have said only the 16 will be on sale.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Well since I dont have anything else going on, and it's a lazy Saturday for me I have been calling. I have spoken with 8 stores so far and they all have said only the 16 will be on sale.
I am waiting to hear back from the guy I buy all of my phones from(way too many obviously) and he hasn't said anything yet but it doesn't sound positive. And Apple store will not sell T-Mobile phones on EIP so no point in trying there.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That is a great idea.

Only a few local stores around metro Atlanta carried the 5S. This time around it looks like every T-Mobile store will have them. I really hope Apple stays true to what they said as far as having more supply for the demand this time around.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Only a few local stores around metro Atlanta carried the 5S. This time around it looks like every T-Mobile store will have them. I really hope Apple stays true to what they said as far as having more supply for the demand this time around.
Agreed. I know everyone can't get in the first day, but for the 5S so many ATT stores literally got one or two only, which is nuts to me. The Best Buy I waited in at only had 3 total ATT models.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sucks to hear this. I'm in the process of switching from Verizon and we were supposed to be doing their trade-in deal.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not to call out anyone in this thread particularly...but I have to be honest, I put about as much stock in the advice from a carrier store employee or CSR on their phone line as I do with the lady who checked my groceries out at the store earlier today...I mean it very well may be true, but based on the historic failure of accurate information received from carrier employees, I'd say if you wanted to try and seek out a phone at a carrier store on the 19th, this advice someone posted above may be worth taking with a grain of salt.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not to call out anyone in this thread particularly...but I have to be honest, I put about as much stock in the advice from a carrier store employee or CSR on their phone line as I do with the lady who checked my groceries out at the store earlier today...I mean it very well may be true, but based on the historic failure of accurate information received from carrier employees, I'd say if you wanted to try and seek out a phone at a carrier store on the 19th, this advice someone posted above may be worth taking with a grain of salt.

True. My local store is expecting to have most models available.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

T-Mobile only stocked the 5S in 16 so I thought I would be a good thing to ask about the 6. So far every store I've called this weekend said 16GB only. Stopped in a store today also between calls and he didn't know so he pulled up something on the computer which gave him the answer. 16GB. Maybe it's a Portland only thing but I am leaning toward believing what I have been told. And I learned a while ago that CS reps USUALLY don't know much. With history proving what they are saying I am more willing to believe them.

jdbii

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Will there be any iOS differences between T-Mobile iPhones and the Apple Store iPhones? For example, will the Apple Store sold Tmo iPhone have wifi calling?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods