Any Note refugees? Will you miss the stylus?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 3 for a while, and really liked it at first. Pulled the S-pen out a few times just because it was there. The phone was actually nice and solid. For a minute I considered the Note 4... But the thought of TouchWiz makes me cringe..personally, I think it's the uglies UI out right now. Yeah sure, you can instal third party launchers all you want, but TW is still there..ruining the experience. However, the Note 4's build this time around is very nice, along with a nice camera.
I can respect your opinion, but I don't see how Samsung's UI is ugly. I think it is awesome. And don't really see how it is much different from the other manufacturers skins.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I can respect your opinion, but I don't see how Samsung's UI is ugly. I think it is awesome. And don't really see how it is much different from the other manufacturers skins.

It's just my personal opinion. The phone itself is great. I've owned the original Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3, and Note 3. Maybe I'm just burned out.. After switching to HTC's M8, I never looked back. TW lags too much, while the M8 runs as smooth if not better than iOS. It's only my personal preference and experience.. I'm still considering the Note 4 to an extent because it looks like a beast

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's just my personal opinion. The phone itself is great. I've owned the original Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3, and Note 3. Maybe I'm just burned out.. After switching to HTC's M8, I never looked back. TW lags too much, while the M8 runs as smooth if not better than iOS. It's only my personal preference and experience.. I'm still considering the Note 4 to an extent because it looks like a beast
I love mine. I'm debating on keeping it or my iPhone 6 Plus that's coming in the mail tomorrow.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

I absolutely agree. TW is really buggy. HTC was my favorite Android device. Everyone I know with a Galaxy device has reception problems and they are all on different networks. My friend had had her Note 3 replaced 6 times in 6 months and TMobile sends her a SIM card every other month because they can't find out why her phone is dropping calls after 13 minutes of talk time.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
TW lag and appearance can be "fixed" by installing Nova launcher.
I don't like the white dialer though. Fixing that is possible by extracting it from the international version and overwriting APKs, root access required.

Never had a (signal) issue with my unlocked Note 3 (bought from TMobile and unlocked to use with ATT).
Of course I flashed modems that were better suited for ATT.

Sense is good (HTC One M8) and Viper 3.0 is the best rom to use. ;)
Blazing fast device.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
TW lag and appearance can be "fixed" by installing Nova launcher.
I don't like the white dialer though. Fixing that is possible by extracting it from the international version and overwriting APKs, root access required.

Never had an issue with my unlocked Note 3 (bought from TMobile and unlocked to use with ATT).
Of course I flashed modems that were better suited for ATT.

But who wants to install a new launcher or root a phone just to make it work.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that I will count as a refugee because I will use the Note 4 along side the iPhone 6 Plus. Even though I only use it occasionally, I couldn't see giving up my S Pen right now.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
But who wants to install a new launcher or root a phone just to make it work.

I cannot use any Android phone for long that's not rooted and customized. Been that way forever.

Thing is root or alternative launcher is not required to make it work [sic]. But installing a launcher is quick and painless and makes a TW rom much smoother IMHO. Rooting outside of using a click app exploit (ex. towelroot) isn't so bad. But failing those it does require some technical knowledge.

I do JB iOS devices just so I can block annoying ads. They do nothing but waste data and some make apps unusable. I have no problem paying for full versions but if they throw full screen video ads with no option to close them forcing me to FC the app then I don't support them!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So, I just received my iPhone 6 Plus and I'm taking it through the paces now against my Note 4.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Every time I take a screenshot I have a habit of reaching for the S Pen that's not there anymore lol. But I love my 6 Plus.

Honestly though, if it wasn't for the lag in texting with groups and how smooth iMessage is... I would have gotten the Note 4.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Every time I take a screenshot I have a habit of reaching for the S Pen that's not there anymore lol. But I love my 6 Plus.

Honestly though, if it wasn't for the lag in texting with groups and how smooth iMessage is... I would have gotten the Note 4.
When I got the Note 4 last Friday the phone was super fast to me. When I received my plus in the mail today I was shocked to find that the iPhone is faster. In just about everything it does its faster. However, the camera on the Note is better.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
When I got the Note 4 last Friday the phone was super fast to me. When I received my plus in the mail today I was shocked to find that the iPhone is faster. In just about everything it does its faster. However, the camera on the Note is better.

Omg i know. Ive seen some videos on YouTube. That camera is awesome. Its like devil is inside of it. I was amazed it has better camera than the iphone plus.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Omg i know. Ive seen some videos on YouTube. That camera is awesome. Its like devil is inside of it. I was amazed it has better camera than the iphone plus.

Now, the Note 4 has a great camera, for sure. However, considering it "better" than the iPhone is pushing it (imho). The iPhone camera does better in low light conditions, and doesn't need perfect lighting to achieve great shots. iPhone's camera does an amazing job (best of all) in all scenarios, whereas other devices need optimal lighting, etc to excel. iPhone's camera produces best color reproduction (if you are into photography it means a lot) out of all. But again, that's all from personal experience and a subjective point of view.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Now, the Note 4 has a great camera, for sure. However, considering it "better" than the iPhone is pushing it (imho). The iPhone camera does better in low light conditions, and doesn't need perfect lighting to achieve great shots. iPhone's camera does an amazing job (best of all) in all scenarios, whereas other devices need optimal lighting, etc to excel. iPhone's camera produces best color reproduction (if you are into photography it means a lot) out of all. But again, that's all from personal experience and a subjective point of view.

That's fair. But yesterday I took a photo of the same object with my Note 4 and the iPhone 6 Plus in really good lighting and the picture that the Note 4 took was a lot better. Obviously I didn't test out the cameras in other situations. But from what I did see, it was better. The only hesitation that I have in my very unscientific testing is that the screen in the Note 4 is sharper. So when I compared the pictures I had taken, I looked at the picture the iPhone took on the iPhone and the picture the Note 4 took in the Note 4. Having a sharper screen may have made the difference in how the photo looked.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about buying a second hand note 3 to see if I like it. My GS4 went back the day after I got it so I'm not holding much hope. The new nexus devices are just as much as iPads and I just got rid of my mini because my plus is plenty big so I can't justify paying for one. Maybe a cheap Google play edition moto phone for Android five since my Nexus 7 is on its last limb

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking about buying a second hand note 3 to see if I like it. My GS4 went back the day after I got it so I'm not holding much hope. The new nexus devices are just as much as iPads and I just got rid of my mini because my plus is plenty big so I can't justify paying for one. Maybe a cheap Google play edition moto phone for Android five since my Nexus 7 is on its last limb

Why do you want an Android device? If you already have a plus, and you don't need a tablet anymore, what experience are you looking to have?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Why do you want an Android device? If you already have a plus, and you don't need a tablet anymore, what experience are you looking to have?

Something new. I want to see what everyone who uses android sees. Every time I use an android device though it feels like it is a flashy outside with a rotten core. Like I continually have to watch it otherwise it will get out of hand and start doing something I don't want it to do. I have to install detectors and monitors and check up on it all the time. I feel like I have to work more for it than it for me. People come up to me all the time and say android is awesome...Samsung is awesome, "here, look at all these cool features" but I just don't see it. I'm like Mulder on X-Files...I want to believe but every time I use one I am left wanting when people say I shouldn't be. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414148352.044422.jpg

The above is my Nexus 7 that I just rooted in the hope that the stuck screen that you see, the lag and the crashing apps will stop with a new ROM. This is pure android. Why is it getting stuck like this? Do people not have similar experiences? Am I just very unlucky? If people have similar experiences, why do they support this? It's like using 56k when fiber is available. Not only are there software issues but the thing won't even turn on until it is fully 80 percent charged about. Every android device I have had and every android device my friends and family have had have problem after problem. If it's just me, the probability of that happening is extremely small.

Ultimately it's like people keep coming up to you at a boring party and asking you why you're not having fun. You start feeling like you are missing out and something is wrong with you and in this case, maybe you're just not trying the right device

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Ultimately it's like people keep coming up to you at a boring party and asking you why you're not having fun. You start feeling like you are missing out and something is wrong with you and in this case, maybe you're just not trying the right device

The thing is that different people have different wants, needs, ergonomics and levels of patience. If iOS works for you, Android may never work for you. There's nothing wrong with that. I say this as someone who repeatedly tries other mobile operating systems, too, and realizes that they don't work for me. The difference is that you seem very close to hating Android versus I just don't think that two of the other platforms are for me. Don't try to force yourself to like something. That just takes the fun out of the phones and tablets.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

yea, i just saw the comparison on cnet videos. idk.. maybe the guy didnt use the same light to take the pics idk. I might be wrong tho. Maybe ill need to watch more videos haha