Not at all. S-Note was too much of a hassle.
    why was it a hassle for you?

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-18-2014 03:17 PM
    Well I'm not a current note user but in the past I've used the note 1 and Note 3. At the moment I'm using the S5 and I'm planning on upgrading to the 6 plus. The s pen is useful, when I had my notes I used it but not all the time. I've used Samsung devices for almost 3 years now so I want a change. I was an iPhone user before that and I did have the 5S for a while but the main reason I stopped using it was because I felt that the screen was too small. Now that Apple have come out with bigger phones I think they deserve another shot.
    11-19-2014 03:10 AM
    Not a stylus fan. At a time in my life when I was full of dumbness, I tried out the note 3 and used the stylus. I kept loosing it and faithfully returned back to my 5s. A stylus is a cool concept but in reality I don't find it useful

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    11-19-2014 03:19 AM
    I had a Note 3 before switching to my iPhone 5S and now the 6 Plus. I appreciated the size of the Note 3 but rarely used the stylus.
    11-19-2014 09:15 AM
    I had a Note 3 before switching to my iPhone 5S and now the 6 Plus. I appreciated the size of the Note 3 but rarely used the stylus.
    ConGrats on the iPhone 6+.
    When I first got my Note3, I used the S-Pen quite often for the first 2 months because it was new and different, now along with my Note3, it just sits on my nightstand and rarely used. I'm going to trade it in for the iPad Air2 or Mini iPad.
    11-19-2014 09:25 AM
    I do miss the ease of pulling the pen out during a call and having a notepad on screen.
    12-17-2014 09:44 PM
    I had a Note 3 and a Note 4 and while they are amazing phones, I was under-utilizing them. I just wanted a phone for calendar, music, photos and the odd phone call or two. The Note series is definitely for the business-focused. Got an iPhone 6 Plus, with only 16 GB(!) of memory and couldn't be happier - it's like a memory weight has been lifted from my shoulders...
    12-17-2014 10:15 PM
    I have used the Note 1-4 and switching to the iphone 6+ was no problem, I never used the S Pen so that didnt bother me at all. The Note 4 had to many freezing problems for me.
    12-17-2014 11:33 PM
    LOVED my Note 2, but I barely if ever used my sPen. Only times I really used it was to show someone that it was cool lol
    12-18-2014 12:12 AM
    It was useful for writing down quick notes while on calls, writing down thoughts for assignments, writing my weekly schedule,etc. I do kind of miss it but I can't imagine using one on IOS so I don't have a need for it anymore. Oh and it was pretty cool cropping out things on the screen and pasting it into other windows.
    12-18-2014 12:59 AM
    I'm a Note 4 refugee. I liked the S Pen, but it was as I expected it to be, in that I was always reminding myself to use it, and trying to think of ways TO use it that were productive. I did find it handy to take notes at meetings, but in all honesty is wasn't any more useful than a pad and a real pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 11:45 AM
    Kinda. For these reasons...

1. Used it primarily to scratch out a quick memos (i.e. grocery list) or reminders.
    (on my 6Plus I now use my finger w/Notability app for simple things/todo's for the day).

2. Easily taking notes during a business meeting (most missed feature) on my Note (2,3, and the latest 4). Might start using some of the nicer note writing apps on my iPad mini 2 or just use the normal keyboard on my 6+ but it is more distractive and time consuming.

3. Clipping parts of a screen was fun and actually useful BUT not necessary. Don't miss this much.

4. Captured numerous creative ideas (new product design thoughts, etc.) for my small business using Stylus/Snote BUT this meant I was locked into Samsung environment since SNOTE is a Samsung only app. So, no big deal.

But with that said I still am liking my iPhone Plus a lot for many other reasons.
    12-19-2014 07:28 AM
    Every time I take a screenshot I have a habit of reaching for the S Pen that's not there anymore lol. But I love my 6 Plus.

Honestly though, if it wasn't for the lag in texting with groups and how smooth iMessage is... I would have gotten the Note 4.

That was a huge deal breaker for me. Group messaging on android worked ok, but the lag was horrible - especially if everyone else in the group has iPhones. There would be plenty of times I was part of a real time group message, and by the time three or four of the others' messages converted and came through, they would be on to a new subject! It was a total pain, and group messaging is a huge part of what I use my phone for.

I loved my note 3, and sometimes I miss it, but most of the time I honestly don't. I was never a note stylus power user, and I never seemed to really take advantage of what the stylus was there for. I used it mostly for screenshots, and for texting clips to people.
    12-19-2014 07:57 AM
    I don't miss the stylus at all. Like previously mentioned the group messaging on Android leave a lot to be desired. I rarely used the stylus. The benefits for me on the iPhone over the Note 4 are far greater. I'm as surprised as anyone actually. I swore the iPhone 6plus wasn't for me and I wanted to stay with Android. But after trying the 6 plus my wife got I knew I had to get one as well. Great device.

mumfoau likes this.
    12-20-2014 07:10 PM
    I'm a Note 4 refugee. I liked the S Pen, but it was as I expected it to be, in that I was always reminding myself to use it, and trying to think of ways TO use it that were productive. I did find it handy to take notes at meetings, but in all honesty is wasn't any more useful than a pad and a real pen.

The problem with the S-pen is that it doesn't make using it more convenient than not using it. To be honest, it. Is easier for me to thumb type on an iPhone than it is to actually use the s-pen to write. It's faster and more accurate. And sometimes handwritten notes can be sloppy. Where as text is always clean. When I was comparing my Note 4 to my iPhone 6 Plus, I actually counted the steps it took to take a note with the iPhone versus the Note 4. It takes less steps to start a note on the iPhone. So you really can't say that using the s-pen is faster and more convenient. It's just for some of us, it is more fun to use the pen. As a Note 4 owner, I can honestly say, give me an iPad at work and I will have an easier time being productive with it than I would with my Note 4.
    Last edited by doctordwaynewilliams; 01-04-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    01-04-2015 07:48 PM
    I never used the stylus, the only reason I bought the note series phones was just for the size, I hated everything else...
    01-04-2015 11:44 PM
66 123