Anyone's order changed to preparing for shipment?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Called apple today and they informed me there iPhones are already in Australia. They are just allocating to different suburbs and will ship tomorrow at lunch time. .
Super exited.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have MyUPS. Since I work afternoons, I told UPS to hold it at the distribution center. It says mine will be available for pickup at 10am 9/19.

MrTurner90

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My Tmobile order still says processing, but they removed the estimated ship date. Where it used to say estimated ship date 9/25 it just shows "pending shipment 9/12... I don't know what to think..

georgewelias

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Talked to Apple and for anyone that shipped to store you will not get a notification until MAYBE tomorrow. But most likely Friday is when you will get an email. Sometimes you may not get that email to pick it up until later in the evening. But until you get that email you are not going to be able to pick it up. He also said a TON are in the United states he can see so he doesn't think I will have a problem for 2 of mine. So hopefully mine comes in and that would be awesome! I may now wait in line to get one just in case. I didn't wake up early for nothing and try to preorder for almost 3 hours!

georgewelias

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Apparently that won't change until they send you an email to pick it up. You don't get a tracking number if you ship to store. I'm in the same boat so hopefully I get mine Friday or I literally wasted a day of preordering at 3am!

Pardeep Sanan

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I placed order online on AT&T and got confirmation email at 2:04 CDT. My order changed to preparing for shipping with Estimate Date 10/13/2014 -10/22/2014. Today I notice it changed to 10/2/2014-10/13/2014. I don't know what is going on. I don't believe so many people placed order in one minute that my date is pushed by 2 weeks. AT&T store says they will ship all orders received on 12th to reach by 19. I don't believe until I see it. Lesson: AT&T is old utility company and still live in old world and in future if you want to buy an iPhone order through Apple.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I placed order online on AT&T and got confirmation email at 2:04 CDT. My order changed to preparing for shipping with Estimate Date 10/13/2014 -10/22/2014. Today I notice it changed to 10/2/2014-10/13/2014. I don't know what is going on. I don't believe so many people placed order in one minute that my date is pushed by 2 weeks. AT&T store says they will ship all orders received on 12th to reach by 19. I don't believe until I see it. Lesson: AT&T is old utility company and still live in old world and in future if you want to buy an iPhone order through Apple.

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered at around 12:30. My expected shipping date was 10/13-10/22 and has moved up to 10/02-10/13 but it's still on pending status and doesn't show anything else. Anyone else's show any status with AT&T?

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I ordered at around 12:30. My expected shipping date was 10/13-10/22 and has moved up to 10/02-10/13 but it's still on pending status and doesn't show anything else. Anyone else's show any status with AT&T?

Nope. Nada. Zilch.

I have a 6 supposed to be here Friday, but haven't received a tracking number. At this point, really don't know what to expect on Friday. Bunch of people who ordered like we did via AT&T are getting their numbers already for the 9/17-9/18 date range.

jbreakz01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
My Tmobile order still says processing, but they removed the estimated ship date. Where it used to say estimated ship date 9/25 it just shows "pending shipment 9/12... I don't know what to think..

Mine is blank. All I see is UPS Express. Of course, can't get an answer as to when I'll have an estimated ship date just the typical response of 1-4 weeks. Uhm, right. Could they be any more vague!?

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 2 from Apple directly at 12:10am on 09/12....my status says Preparing for Shipment with Delivery on 09/19. I really hope I get my "your phone has shipped" confirmation with tracking today (fingers crossed)...we are getting down to crunch time now.

**EDIT** - I just tired to tracking using my phone number in the Track by Reference on UPS' website and up came tracking for a package set to deliver by 09/19...coming out of Nashville, TN. I ordered the GSM/TMobile model from Apple. I am not expecting any other packages other than some items from amazon but I am not using the same phone number with amazon, so I really really hope that what I am looking at is my order from Apple

**EDIT** Just got off the phone with UPS, confirmed that is indeed my order from Apple. YAY :)

Last edited:

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
With the amount of iPhones that are shipping, I bet they're filling up the planes and trucks the best they can to cut down on costs. This would explain the tracking numbers not updating. Mine has been in the same facility for two days now.

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm assuming you purchased from the Apple store. If so, don't worry. If you need to confirm make sure they hit your credit card. Even a $1 pre-auth on your card is indication of a pending charge. Some cards only show the $1 pre-auth rather than the whole bill. My card authorized the full amount, as the are all different. I would only worry if it doesn't say "shipped" by Wednesday. I bet they are shipping 5 million phones now all at once. So some things do not always immediately update.

Apple has already shown us in the last week that they can make good devices, but has trouble using the Internet. Good luck!

I purchased from the Apple website on Friday morning as well. I bought two contract free 6's. They charged my debit card for the full amount and it said "pending" until yesterday when the pending charge disappeared and the money just went back into my checking account. Any idea what that's about? Also, mine says "preparing to ship" with a delivery date of 9/19 still too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
"Preparing to ship" can mean is is en-route. Apple (in many cases) is using 3rd party private carriers to bring phones into the USA. I have "UPS my choice" and it tells me that a label has been created, but it hasn't yet shipped. It's slated for UPS overnight from somewhere in Calif to me in the San Francisco Bay Area.

But my card still has a pending authorization. Not a full charge. I don't expect that until UPS gets it, or when UPS delivers it. Apple usually doesn't rush to grab your money.

jbreakz01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had "UPS My Choice" for almost a year since I'm close enough to pick the packages up from the facility. Unfortunately, there's absolutely nothing on there showing even a label was created.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2