Anyone's order changed to preparing for shipment?

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
So this morning, I checked my bank account and the two charges for $695 for each 6 are gone. They WERE listed as pending since Friday when I ordered. Now that money has been added back to my account. I checked the order status and both still say "preparing for shipment" and that the delivery date is 9/19. Anyone have any idea what the deal is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fallsilnet

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm near Toronto and I just received my UPS tracking number from Apple and my iPhone plus shows up in my device list on my apple support profile. Delivery date still says 9/19 - 9/23. We are down to the short strokes!!

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My mom's 16GB silver 6+ has been sitting in Newark since Sunday (per her FedEx tracking number).
My 64GB silver 6+ has been...well, not sure. Hanging out somewhere. I got an UPS tracking number sent to me yesterday that wasn't pulling up any information. Just checked again and got the "a shipping label has been created" message. So both of ours are on track for Friday.

Both were pre-ordered on Verizon's website, orders didn't go through until close to 4AM EST.

MTapester

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
At least you guys are getting yours. AT&T is such a PITA. But...there's still hope! :)

I don't blame AT&T there were just too many orders. They simply cannot have provisions to accommodate that many users simultaneously so that one day out of the year there are no ordering issues for anyone. It's just not feasible at this point. I was up all night to put my pre-order in and it was a nightmare. I realized I shouldn't take getting a new phone so seriously. After two canceled attempts to purchase the phone (I was trying to buy one without contract) I was finally able to secure a space grey 128 6+ by going to the local AT&T store and having them order the phone for me. Unfortunately the ship date is Nov 9-27. However I wouldn't put too much faith in a long-term ship date.

rgood0810

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't fault anyone for the long shipments times besides the millions of you iPhone users who happen to like the same phone as me!!! You are the ones causing the delay! Especially you AT&T users! Hahaha! (this is all in jest)

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
There is an easy way to check all of this - that is - if you purchased your phone through Apple or know that your carrier will be using UPS.

You can sign up for "My UPS" service (aka "UPS My Choice"), which will inform you (depending how you set it) of any shipments headed your way. Please see ... UPS My Choice - Home Delivery on Your Schedule

I have this service. My 6 plus was ordered from Apple inc. at 12:40 PDT on opening night (64GB, Verizon, Silver). I also have "my UPS" service, as we receive a lot of packages here. Now My UPS has not yet sent me a notice because they have not yet received the phone. Apple still lists mine as "preparing for shipment". However, when I log in to My UPS, I can find that UPS expects a shipment to me from Apple for delivery on Friday 9/19.

From what I have read, Apple is shipping millions of iPhones via private carrier from China to the USA - and has been for a while. My UPS says that a "shipping label has been created" and it will ship the phone to me by UPS overnight to deliver on 9/19. It also says that my phone will come from Apple in "Rialto California." It may have already arrived (likely not), but it clearly wont be shipped from Rialto CA until Thursday. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Either way, the shipment is scheduled and is likely on some cargo plane from China as we speak. That means UPS won't acknowledge it has the phone until probably Thursday.

Anyone can sign up for MY UPS service. You can find lots of stuff there that the vendors do not tell you. Good luck.

Carsten23

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
There is an easy way to check all of this - that is - if you purchased your phone through Apple or know that your carrier will be using UPS.

You can sign up for "My UPS" service (aka "UPS My Choice"), which will inform you (depending how you set it) of any shipments headed your way. Please see ... UPS My Choice - Home Delivery on Your Schedule

I have this service. My 6 plus was ordered from Apple inc. at 12:40 PDT on opening night (64GB, Verizon, Silver). I also have "my UPS" service, as we receive a lot of packages here. Now My UPS has not yet sent me a notice because they have not yet received the phone. Apple still lists mine as "preparing for shipment". However, when I log in to My UPS, I can find that UPS expects a shipment to me from Apple for delivery on Friday 9/19.

From what I have read, Apple is shipping millions of iPhones via private carrier from China to the USA - and has been for a while. My UPS says that a "shipping label has been created" and it will ship the phone to me by UPS overnight to deliver on 9/19. It also says that my phone will come from Apple in "Rialto California." It may have already arrived (likely not), but it clearly wont be shipped from Rialto CA until Thursday. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Either way, the shipment is scheduled and is likely on some cargo plane from China as we speak. That means UPS won't acknowledge it has the phone until probably Thursday.

Anyone can sign up for MY UPS service. You can find lots of stuff there that the vendors do not tell you. Good luck.

I have the same thing but don't see anything on UPS's site for you address. Maybe i'm clicking on something wrong?

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is set up for store pick up from Apple and the order status states "Processing Items Pick up: Available 9/19"

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same thing but don't see anything on UPS's site for you address. Maybe i'm clicking on something wrong?

Somehow get into the "delivery planner". A calendar will appear with today (Tuesday highlighted). In my case the box for Friday the 19th has something written in it. Click on that and you should get your info. If not, they may be sending yours by Fedex. FedEx has a system similar to My UPS.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone who preordered from apple.ca show anything besides preparing for shipment? Do the units from Apple Canada ship directly from China or are they warehoused here?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods