Anybody NOT pre-ordering?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I haven't yet. Seriously considered hitting the button tonight for a 6 that I can have show up here on launch day but I think I really would prefer the 6+ so I think I'll wait until Friday and go up to the store and try to pick up one to see if I can circumvent the 4-6 week wait that I'm currently seeing. May or may not work out for me but if it doesn't, well, my 5 is still in excellent working order so it can sustain me.

Maaaaaaaaybe I'll run up to the store tomorrow and see if pre-ordering one in person can get me a reservation instead or a backorder... heh.

I don't that. But good luck.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

armoko

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
It's gonna be hard time to choose which phone to get. I'm waiting the launch day to go in the Apple Store and hold in my hand. I guess a lot of people like me till now can't decide which one to get.

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't pre-order. Figured i'd "live dangerously" and try to visit my local Verizon store on launch day. I realize my chances are pretty slim but i figure i'll try at least 3 stores & if i can't find it then i'll just order online when i get back to the office. Hoping to get the 128GB model. I'll be getting it on the EDGE program. Called up Verizon this morning to verify eligibility prior to going in on Friday and they said i'm good to go.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Canceled my preorder. Also called and talked to my nearest corporate verizon. Was told not to get my hopes up on a 6+ but I was more then welcome to go in Friday and if they had one she would try and hold it. So far I was the only to call and even ask them.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I still love Android, but I feel like every Android phone, even the newest ones, have some serious compromises. The Note 4 looks awesome in every aspect, except TouchWiz. TouchWiz is complete garbage. And the update process is so slow. The Moto X again looks like a solid phone. No bloat crap and quick updates. But I've heard very mixed reviews about the camera. Which is very important to me. I have two young daughters and my phone is what I use to capture moments with them. I don't think, or know, if I can deal with the Moto X camera. The 6 Plus with OIS I'm sure will be perfect for me in that respect. I also feel like iPhones are the least compromising of all phones out. It'll be interesting to see how I handle this conversion. I really hope AT&T has one for me Friday morning.

Google's biggest mistake was letting the OEM's and carriers control the update process, and that has always given apple a huge edge over Android. The only other OS was BlackBerry and they controlled it as well, I remember cooking BB ROM's which was fun with the tools devs had out there.

Still given what the 6 Plus has to offer and that I never really used the "note" features the way they tout them in the commercial and 2k displays are nice but can we really tell the difference. I care about consistency, quality and ease of use. I was all set for the Note 4, but with a new MBP and accessories it makes more sense to go 6 Plus.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Canceled my preorder. Also called and talked to my nearest corporate verizon. Was told not to get my hopes up on a 6+ but I was more then welcome to go in Friday and if they had one she would try and hold it. So far I was the only to call and even ask them.

I honestly think most corporate stores will be lucky to get one 6 Plus regardless of storage size, maybe one 128GB version, and then the rest will simply be 6's which will do the majority of the crowds just fine. What is going to really suck is buyers remorse on the 6 Plus's when people get home and a week later feel its too big and return it. Less "new" inventory to go around but more RF inventory for warranty purposes I guess.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think most corporate stores will be lucky to get one 6 Plus regardless of storage size, maybe one 128GB version, and then the rest will simply be 6's which will do the majority of the crowds just fine. What is going to really suck is buyers remorse on the 6 Plus's when people get home and a week later feel its too big and return it. Less "new" inventory to go around but more RF inventory for warranty purposes I guess.

Hopes are certainly not up but it's worth a try anyway. I've played with the larger screened phones and almost walked out with a note 2 when my sister got hers. I always carry in my back pocket and don't actually spend any time talking on it. The remorse for the masses is certainly going to suck and it would be nice if most of them would have went with the 6 instead.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I made my situation clear in another thread....I did NOT pre-order because I like to wait and see what issues arise when all you guinea pigs(but, you're very nice guinea pigs) get yours and then post about them. Then wait for Apple to fix everything and make it perfect. To be honest, I now regret this decision as the wait is really grinding on me and when I hear of these long shipping times it makes me think my wait will be longer. Guess I'll have to hang in there with my trusty 5S.

When has Apple ever had any major defects on early release devices?
If there's one tech company who has this whole manufacturing/design thing nailed down, it's Apple.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
It's gonna be hard time to choose which phone to get. I'm waiting the launch day to go in the Apple Store and hold in my hand. I guess a lot of people like me till now can't decide which one to get.
There's gonna be a line just to hold the phone, lol.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Google's biggest mistake was letting the OEM's and carriers control the update process, and that has always given apple a huge edge over Android. The only other OS was BlackBerry and they controlled it as well, I remember cooking BB ROM's which was fun with the tools devs had out there.

Still given what the 6 Plus has to offer and that I never really used the "note" features the way they tout them in the commercial and 2k displays are nice but can we really tell the difference. I care about consistency, quality and ease of use. I was all set for the Note 4, but with a new MBP and accessories it makes more sense to go 6 Plus.
Yeah, that and the carriers get to decide what does and doesn't work on the phones. There's no continuity. Like, why does Google Wallet tap to pay work on some Samsung phones, but not others? Or why does the AT&T G3 not use Qi wireless charging, but PMA? Carriers have too much say in what happens with Android devices. I'd probably like a Note 4, but one straight from Samsung as they intended. Not how AT&T wants it to be. That's a problem. I think the 6 Plus would be perfect for me, simply based on that. I know I'm getting the phone that Apple intended me to get. I sure hope I can get one Friday. Otherwise I may be tempted by an available Android phone.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that and the carriers get to decide what does and doesn't work on the phones. There's no continuity. Like, why does Google Wallet tap to pay work on some Samsung phones, but not others? Or why does the AT&T G3 not use Qi wireless charging, but PMA? Carriers have too much say in what happens with Android devices. I'd probably like a Note 4, but one straight from Samsung as they intended. Not how AT&T wants it to be. That's a problem. I think the 6 Plus would be perfect for me, simply based on that. I know I'm getting the phone that Apple intended me to get. I sure hope I can get one Friday. Otherwise I may be tempted by an available Android phone.

This has been a large factor in my decisions every time I upgrade my phone. iOS updates are largely controlled by Apple and not the carriers. Also, iPhone doesn't have all that pre-installed, non-removable carrier specific junk on them. I think this has probably caused more than one person to decide to go with iPhone over Android. It always annoyed me when I bought a BB and it came with Verizon or AT&T stuff that I couldn't get rid of easily. The Androids I used to work with also suffered from that. Additionally, I don't like that manufacturers could customize the interface to the point that instead of being able to learn and train on one specific interface, I had to know how TouchWiz, SenseUI, Motoblur, etc. all worked/behaved when trying to walk someone through configuring/troubleshooting over the phone. iOS was consistent across the iPhone variants, and it was easy to support remotely.

UnlimitedEra

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If it's cheaper I'd pre order but the new iPhone does not offer something new or surprising for me. Therefore I won't pre order and I'll wait for some reviews and I'll have to see it in action in order to be satisfied. I'm also looking forward for the new BlackBerry Passport and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

MissShayona

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I need to see them in person to make the choice. I know I want the 6 plus but am nervous that it will be cumbersome in my pocket while lifting weights and at work. Don't get it twisted, I am dying to pre-order and always have in the past. However, this time there is a choice.

Yeah I need to see before I get it.

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
We didn't preorder. We want to take advantage of the trade-in opportunities and we have some Apple cards to turn in.

Plus it is just kind of exciting to be there when they open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2