Anybody NOT pre-ordering?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I surprised myself on this with a change of heart overnight. I was set to the Note 4, but as I watched the keynote and realized there were benefits and what I could gain from it plus the resale value is higher and well I just bought a new MBP w/ SuperDrive & an Airport Extreme so I am in the process of migrating all of my data so I can move back to the MAC.
I was all set on the Note 4, too. Even after the Keynote, which I didn't watch much of, I was still on the Note 4 bandwagon. Then I started reading up on the 6 Plus a little more, and decided to watch the Keynote in full. It really has a TON of what I want in a phone. I've used iPhones a lot - I've had the 4, 4S, 5, and 5S - and do like them. I just always felt lost in that small screen. Now with the 6 Plus, the screen isn't an issue, and the hardware is beautiful, and the OS is rock solid. Plus that camera should only be an improvement in an already impressive camera. I've also decided to pick up a MacBook Air, and the continuity between the two will be phenomenal. I also feel like Apple would provide me with a better base on sticking with something for more than 3 months, which seems to be my habit with Android phones.

Now I just hope my local AT&T store has a 64gb on Friday.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I really love my iOS devices and I really wanted to get the iPhone 6 plus. But. It does bother me just a little and makes me feel like an Apple fanboy to get excited about the iPhone 6 plus when the Note 4 seems to be a better phone on the service. Aside from the ecosystem, there really is nothing the iPhone 6 plus has on the Note 4. Again, I have and love my iOS devices and I said that I wasn't going to switch back to Android, but larger screen? Tap to pay? OIS? 1080p resolution? These aren't definitely new features to the mobile space. I know that Apple does a better job implementing these features. But it is kind of a buzz kill when you think about how these things have been around for a while.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh and by the way, when you consider that there are a lot of devices out there that offer the same features on Android but cost significantly less money.

comptr

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I actually pre-ordered but only as a backup as I wouldn't receive the phone till october 21st so I plan on camping in from of a version store thursday night as I sold my current phone so I have no phone. How early would i have to camp out at version store the sales man who did my pre-order was saying to go a particular location so that I don't have be there earlier then 11:00 at night before the 19th.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Also, if I did end up being first, would I still be first into the store, or would the pre-ordered people get pulled out separately and get theirs first?

When I preordered the iPhone4 with in store pickup they gave everyone cards and checked those of us in who preordered. When we got into the mall the split the line up. The first 5-10 people in line got into the store first. Then they started bringing in groups from the none pre order and pre order lines and they had a queue in the store. However it was like a 10 to 1 ratio of preorder to non preorder after they brought the first people in line in.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
After last year's wait for the gold iPhone 5s, I wanted to preorder but I hadn't made up my mind on which device I wanted. I ultimately decided the 4.7 was the best size for me and preordered. I did NOT want a repeat of last year's wait until November to get my new phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was all set on the Note 4, too. Even after the Keynote, which I didn't watch much of, I was still on the Note 4 bandwagon. Then I started reading up on the 6 Plus a little more, and decided to watch the Keynote in full. It really has a TON of what I want in a phone. I've used iPhones a lot - I've had the 4, 4S, 5, and 5S - and do like them. I just always felt lost in that small screen. Now with the 6 Plus, the screen isn't an issue, and the hardware is beautiful, and the OS is rock solid. Plus that camera should only be an improvement in an already impressive camera. I've also decided to pick up a MacBook Air, and the continuity between the two will be phenomenal. I also feel like Apple would provide me with a better base on sticking with something for more than 3 months, which seems to be my habit with Android phones.

Now I just hope my local AT&T store has a 64gb on Friday.

Same as me Wildo, I got my new MacBook Pro yesterday and other accessories too. New MyCloud 8TB drive is coming next week and I am in the process of backing up my data for the migration next weekend. Should be interesting.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't pre order either as I feel that it's too late to get a 128 Silver 6 Plus by the 19th. I will just show up at a Verizon cooperate store or the closest Apple store on that day and try my luck.

chad rodgers

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I actually pre-ordered but only as a backup as I wouldn't receive the phone till october 21st so I plan on camping in from of a version store thursday night as I sold my current phone so I have no phone. How early would i have to camp out at version store the sales man who did my pre-order was saying to go a particular location so that I don't have be there earlier then 11:00 at night before the 19th.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm off Thursday and Friday so I am free but don't want to go too early either. Maybe 9 pm Thursday.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait til some of the early bugs are worked out and see what everyone else has to say about the devices just like I've done with every other iPhone I've ever got.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Same as me Wildo, I got my new MacBook Pro yesterday and other accessories too. New MyCloud 8TB drive is coming next week and I am in the process of backing up my data for the migration next weekend. Should be interesting.
I still love Android, but I feel like every Android phone, even the newest ones, have some serious compromises. The Note 4 looks awesome in every aspect, except TouchWiz. TouchWiz is complete garbage. And the update process is so slow. The Moto X again looks like a solid phone. No bloat crap and quick updates. But I've heard very mixed reviews about the camera. Which is very important to me. I have two young daughters and my phone is what I use to capture moments with them. I don't think, or know, if I can deal with the Moto X camera. The 6 Plus with OIS I'm sure will be perfect for me in that respect. I also feel like iPhones are the least compromising of all phones out. It'll be interesting to see how I handle this conversion. I really hope AT&T has one for me Friday morning.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I still love Android, but I feel like every Android phone, even the newest ones, have some serious compromises. The Note 4 looks awesome in every aspect, except TouchWiz. TouchWiz is complete garbage. And the update process is so slow. The Moto X again looks like a solid phone. No bloat crap and quick updates. But I've heard very mixed reviews about the camera. Which is very important to me. I have two young daughters and my phone is what I use to capture moments with them. I don't think, or know, if I can deal with the Moto X camera. The 6 Plus with OIS I'm sure will be perfect for me in that respect. I also feel like iPhones are the least compromising of all phones out. It'll be interesting to see how I handle this conversion. I really hope AT&T has one for me Friday morning.

I think that Android has gotten a lot better with updates and how the skins work on top of Android. I think that the Note 4 is going to be awesome. I thought that the Note 3 was the first Android device that I would say on the whole was better than the iPhone. There were just so many features and the phone was very smooth.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that Android has gotten a lot better with updates and how the skins work on top of Android. I think that the Note 4 is going to be awesome. I thought that the Note 3 was the first Android device that I would say on the whole was better than the iPhone. There were just so many features and the phone was very smooth.

I still think the Note 4 is going to be a great phone. But I still hate the look of TouchWiz and that I'll have to go through AT&T to get updates. Once the Note 4 comes out, it'll be on an old OS, or at least really close to being an old OS. That just irks me a bit. Then it'll be how long before it's updated to Android L? Who knows. I know the Note 4 technically is better on many aspects, but it still won't provide the Apple experience.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I made my situation clear in another thread....I did NOT pre-order because I like to wait and see what issues arise when all you guinea pigs(but, you're very nice guinea pigs) get yours and then post about them. Then wait for Apple to fix everything and make it perfect. To be honest, I now regret this decision as the wait is really grinding on me and when I hear of these long shipping times it makes me think my wait will be longer. Guess I'll have to hang in there with my trusty 5S.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I think Android has improved greatly since I last really used it (Gingerbread), but I still like the fact that updates come from Apple and don't necessarily go through the carrier. Also, Apple has a good track record for providing updates for older phones/devices. I like Apple for these reasons (and the lack of carrier specific pre-installed junk), and that's why I've been using their phones for the past few years.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I made my situation clear in another thread....I did NOT pre-order because I like to wait and see what issues arise when all you guinea pigs(but, you're very nice guinea pigs) get yours and then post about them. Then wait for Apple to fix everything and make it perfect. To be honest, I now regret this decision as the wait is really grinding on me and when I hear of these long shipping times it makes me think my wait will be longer. Guess I'll have to hang in there with my trusty 5S.

This is the approach I've taken for all the previous models. This time was different because I'm behind a model (on the 5) and my wife's phone is finally dying. So, I figured I'll get the new model and pass my 5 down to her.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I need to see them in person to make the choice. I know I want the 6 plus but am nervous that it will be cumbersome in my pocket while lifting weights and at work. Don't get it twisted, I am dying to pre-order and always have in the past. However, this time there is a choice.

I agree. I want check them out in person before I decide.

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't ever pre-ordered an iPhone. Mostly because I never really liked them but I started really liking them with the iPhone 5s I had. I have to wait a year or pay of my LG g3 to be eligible for an upgrade though so I am going to wait until November or December to get one. I really want the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB version though.

Sent from my LG G3 locked to T-Mobile

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't yet. Seriously considered hitting the button tonight for a 6 that I can have show up here on launch day but I think I really would prefer the 6+ so I think I'll wait until Friday and go up to the store and try to pick up one to see if I can circumvent the 4-6 week wait that I'm currently seeing. May or may not work out for me but if it doesn't, well, my 5 is still in excellent working order so it can sustain me.

Maaaaaaaaybe I'll run up to the store tomorrow and see if pre-ordering one in person can get me a reservation instead or a backorder... heh.

Last edited: