She'll love the iPad mini. My two girls do and they're 7 & 11 although they've had them since the Christmas after the first
    Mini was released.
    She wanted an iPhone for messaging, FaceTime and to play games...I stayed out of it because I know if I was a kid and had my heart set on something like an iPhone and already knew I was getting it, if my uncle had thwarted the effort, I would have been so pissed...but her dad finally realized how much sense an iPad Mini made in relation to what she wanted to use it for, so they asked her and she actually went "That's what I asked for in the first place!" So they were happy...no monthly bill, lol!

I was just happy because as the uncle who spoils the hell out of her, it'd be tough for me to say no to her little pouty face...and I really just wanted to be a lazy bum until UPS got to my door.
    Bmichael78 and TGR1 like this.
    09-14-2014 12:32 AM
    I'm hoping I won't have to go to work and can telework. I've got some release planning activities that might mean I have to go in.

If the Fates smile on me, I will be home, waiting for the UPS guy and looking at iMore and having a party along with everyone else.

I do need a case and I'm stalking Best Buy for Otterbox cases until the Spigen Hybrid comes in. I won't risk damaging it, not even for a few days.
    09-14-2014 08:22 AM
    This coming Friday is gonna be chilled. I took the day off work, gonna relax, then wait for my phone 6 plus , unbox it , play with it for a bit, then later on take my mother in law out for lunch and help her set up the iPhone 5 I'll give her .
    She isn't aware of any of this... Can't wait to see the look on her face..... after that, I'll give my girlfriend a visit and pass on my gold 5s to her.
    What a giving Friday .
    the_tech_eater and TGR1 like this.
    09-14-2014 08:35 AM
    For me I'm going to Student Teaching to teach 4th and 5th grade. I'm excited because this is the week where I get to begin teaching some of the lessons. I will wait for my call from Sprint and hopefully pick up my phone when I get off work.
    09-14-2014 09:24 AM
    i REALLY don't want to be a naysayer here.... but I thought the phone would SHIP on 9/19. Wont you have to wait a couple days for it to arrive? I hate even writing this, but that's why I picked in-store pickup. I couldn't take... one. more. day. I hope I'm wrong. And I hope the pre-order pickup line is short!
    09-14-2014 09:59 AM
    i REALLY don't want to be a naysayer here.... but I thought the phone would SHIP on 9/19. Wont you have to wait a couple days for it to arrive? I hate even writing this, but that's why I picked in-store pickup. I couldn't take... one. more. day. I hope I'm wrong. And I hope the pre-order pickup line is short!
    I'm pretty sure they will make sure the phone is delivered on release day. There are a lot of people who already got tracking information.

Mine is being shipped with Sprint inventory since I ordered mine at a Sprint store with the new way they are doing pre-orders
    essay2u likes this.
    09-14-2014 10:04 AM
    No, they ship to arrive on or before the 19th. Mine has already shipped. FedEx shows a Thursday 9/18 delivery date.
    essay2u and LadiJae like this.
    09-14-2014 10:05 AM
    I'm hoping I won't have to go to work and can telework. I've got some release planning activities that might mean I have to go in.

If the Fates smile on me, I will be home, waiting for the UPS guy and looking at iMore and having a party along with everyone else.

I do need a case and I'm stalking Best Buy for Otterbox cases until the Spigen Hybrid comes in. I won't risk damaging it, not even for a few days.
    Good luck with that, Lil! Working from home is great - so convenient for days like this, WWDC and product launch days.

I have already got 3 cases on order - 2 Spigen Neo Hybrids and a black leather case from Apple. All should be delivered on or before the 19th, so I’m good there. I’d love to go to the Apple store just to observe, but I am sure the mall (nearest store) will be a zoo.
    09-14-2014 10:31 AM
    This coming Friday is gonna be chilled. I took the day off work, gonna relax, then wait for my phone 6 plus , unbox it , play with it for a bit, then later on take my mother in law out for lunch and help her set up the iPhone 5 I'll give her .
    She isn't aware of any of this... Can't wait to see the look on her face..... after that, I'll give my girlfriend a visit and pass on my gold 5s to her.
    What a giving Friday .
    Off topic personal question: You have a mother-in-law and a girlfriend? Hmmm. Interesting.

With all the phones you’re handing out, you’re kind of like Santa Claus!
    09-14-2014 10:33 AM
    These questions come up every year. Delivery date is delivery date. Apple ships them early, and the couriers hold them for delivery on launch day. If your order says deliver on 9/19, you will get it then, barring some sort of national emergency.
    09-14-2014 10:35 AM
    Good luck with that, Lil! Working from home is great - so convenient for days like this, WWDC and product launch days.

I have already got 3 cases on order - 2 Spigen Neo Hybrids and a black leather case from Apple. All should be delivered on or before the 19th, so Im good there. Id love to go to the Apple store just to observe, but I am sure the mall (nearest store) will be a zoo.
    Thanks! Yah I LOVE my telework days

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives
    09-14-2014 12:53 PM
    For the record, I will be heading to Verizon/Best Buy in the morning on September 19th to hopefully snag a 6+. After that I'm packing up and heading to Erie, PA for a weekend away at the wineries. Should be fun!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-14-2014 01:00 PM
    For the record, I will be heading to Verizon/Best Buy in the morning on September 19th to hopefully snag a 6+. After that I'm packing up and heading to Erie, PA for a weekend away at the wineries. Should be fun!!

Wine yum!
    09-14-2014 01:10 PM
    Wine yum!
    Hopefully I can snap some pictures with my new 6+ haha! Can't wait for that trip (and starting it off with a new phone purchase)!

09-14-2014 03:56 PM
    Hopefully I can snap some pictures with my new 6+ haha! Can't wait for that trip (and starting it off with a new phone purchase)!

I want wine now. I hope you can snap some and share.
    09-14-2014 04:04 PM
    I would expect crazy long lines. Just as last year (Portland), I showed up in the morning (around 8 am) and there was almost 400 people in line. When chatting with a line control guard, he said that more than half of those people showed up between 5-6. I am going to arrive around 5 am this year, if it looks promising I will stick around, if not then I will try T-Mobile. And if both fail then I will patiently wait and not LOSE it.
    Did you get one? Or was 8 am too late?
    09-14-2014 04:32 PM
    Are the Apple Store's able to separate out the people who are there for buying iPhones on launch day and otherwise conduct normal business? Will new iPhone still be on display for the public to view at the end of the day even after they run out of stock?
    09-14-2014 04:36 PM
    Like this:

Attachment 64655
    Ok, I totally cracked up at this. I also believe it to be the truth.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    09-14-2014 04:40 PM
    Are the Apple Store's able to separate out the people who are there for buying iPhones on launch day and otherwise conduct normal business? Will new iPhone still be on display for the public to view at the end of the day even after they run out of stock?
    Yes to both questions but the stores will be a madhouse. You could go for other reasons and they will have display models but I can't imagine wanting to be in those stores for another reason.
    jdbii likes this.
    09-14-2014 04:54 PM
    I preordered a 6+ for in-store pickup on the 19th (delivery was mid-October by the time I could get through on the 12th). I am...nervous as to much of a zoo it is going to be on launch day. Any veterans out there have an idea?
    09-14-2014 05:14 PM
    I preordered a 6+ for in-store pickup on the 19th (delivery was mid-October by the time I could get through on the 12th). I am...nervous as to much of a zoo it is going to be on launch day. Any veterans out there have an idea?
    It'll be fine. A madhouse yes, but fine. Just keep things in perspective. For one, as much as we all are enthusiasts to the core...it's just a phone. And second, no matter how chaotic it is, it's temporary and before you know it you'll be home enjoying your new device. Go in with ample patience and trust that the associates are doing all they can to assist you in the process.
    09-14-2014 05:17 PM
    These questions come up every year. Delivery date is delivery date. Apple ships them early, and the couriers hold them for delivery on launch day. If your order says deliver on 9/19, you will get it then, barring some sort of national emergency.
    Yea. That's what I thought originally. But at 5 in the morning when I was ordering, the shipping estimate date was sometime during the following week so I figured I made a mistake. Pickup was still offered for in store at that time. Then I watched the keynote and could swear Tim Cook said they were shipping on the 19th. At any rate, glad to be wrong like I said. Wish me luck at the zoo.....
    09-14-2014 06:04 PM
    It's gonna be a fine day. Because when I get to the mall I'm going to stop for a boba strawberry/banana smoothie before I head to the Apple Store where I'll be walking right in and walking out purposely with my iPhone 6+ without a bag so all the people standing in line see that. I will also be doing this wearing nothing but black and my sunglasses indoors like a wrestling heel. And if someone tries to jump me for it, they'll have a little surprise on their hands. Mostly blood.
    essay2u and JeffAces28 like this.
    09-15-2014 11:15 AM
    It's gonna be a fine day. Because when I get to the mall I'm going to stop for a boba strawberry/banana smoothie before I head to the Apple Store where I'll be walking right in and walking out purposely with my iPhone 6+ without a bag so all the people standing in line see that. I will also be doing this wearing nothing but black and my sunglasses indoors like a wrestling heel. And if someone tries to jump me for it, they'll have a little surprise on their hands. Mostly blood.
    LOL.
    09-15-2014 11:18 AM
    Ok, I totally cracked up at this. I also believe it to be the truth.
    I compare these launches to Black Friday just better organized.
    09-15-2014 11:46 AM
62 123