6 Plus Rumor Recap

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
So how many were surprised that the Rumor of a 2015 release of the larger iphone 6+ ended up be just that a runner away Rumor?

This is one Rumor that I bought into and made a little sense. Sell the smaller device now and hold off the 6+ for a side by side release with the Apple Watch

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So how many were surprised that the Rumor of a 2015 release of the larger iphone 6+ ended up be just that a runner away Rumor?

This is one Rumor that I bought into and made a little sense. Sell the smaller device now and hold off the 6+ for a side by side release with the Apple Watch

Wait, WHAT?!?!?! I missed this!!!!!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm glad they haven't chosen for another release date for the Plus, that would have been awkward for Apple.
Because people wouldn't have wait for the bigger one to be released so they all would end up buying the smaller 6.

Apple is a wise company, hope they stay wise

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I have to say that I didn't buy into that one. My thought was that Apple would create a lot of hesitation on the part of the customer base to release a 4.7" phone now with the promise of a 5.5" phone after the first of the year. I still think that if they had done that, the 4.7 sales would suffer because of the promise of a new phone in a few months. Remember the consternation that Apple generated with the iPad 3 / iPad 4 release thing? People were lining up in Cupertino with torches and pitchforks for obsoleting their iPad 3 after less than 6 months. I could not see Apple doing that again.