Can I cancel AT&T order on the 19th and pick up from the store?

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have an AT&T preorder for the iPhone 6+ black but it's not schedule to ship until 10/13 -10/22/2014. That is way too long for my liking. I would like to wait in line at an AT&T store to get it on the 19th. Can I do that and just cancel on the 19th? I don't want to cancel before just in case they don't have it.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T preorder for the iPhone 6+ black but it's not schedule to ship until 10/13 -10/22/2014. That is way too long for my liking. I would like to wait in line at an AT&T store to get it on the 19th. Can I do that and just cancel on the 19th? I don't want to cancel before just in case they don't have it.

It's not the easiest process, but yes you can cancel an order before it ships out. My bf did this with his iPhone 5 through AT&T. Ordered it online, but was being delayed. Stopped by the store a few days in a row and was lucky enough to grab one.

He did have to wait longer in the store that day because it took a moment to get the order cancelled out of the system, but they did hold on to the iPhone there until it completed. (As long as he didn't leave)

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
As applefanboi says, you can cancel before it ships. I just cancelled my preorder. It was an all day ordeal (for obvious reasons) but once I found someone competent enough to get tech support on the line to help, the process was painless.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
If you cancel an order associated with an upgrade or NEXT, is there a delay in the amount of time before you are eligible again?

They say that there can be a delay. But I received my eligibility back within about a minute or two (or about however long it took me to log back in to my account online).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think might be a dangerous thing to cancel one that you know is coming for the sake of one that you don't know will be there. Can you be certain that a phone will be available at the store? There are likely to be shortages.
Do you want to cancel because of the delayed arrival or because it a not the configuration you really want?

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree with qbnkelt. I would not take any chance by cancelling your pre-order and hoping you can pick one up with the exact configuration you like at a store. Besides, cancelling the pre-order will probably complicate your upgrade.

I ordered mine through Verizon and it will be October 14. But it is really not that far away. If there is a shortage at the store, the wait could be much longer.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
If you cancel an order associated with an upgrade or NEXT, is there a delay in the amount of time before you are eligible again?

I did another "test." (Not a real test. I selected the wrong size option on my order from Apple so I canceled it and reordered.) I canceled an order and then I checked my AT&T account immediately after. My upgrade was back on my account. At that point, I was then able to reorder on that line via Apple.

I think if you can find a device on launch, you should be able to cancel your preorder through AT&T immediately before making the release day purchase using the same account line.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with qbnkelt. I would not take any chance by cancelling your pre-order and hoping you can pick one up with the exact configuration you like at a store. besides, cancelling the pre-order will probably complicate your upgrade.

It doesn't really complicate the upgrade. The only complication that seems to come in is if you're on a premier account. Then canceling the preorder can get tricky because the rep has to know to ask someone doing technical support on their end how to proceed in the system.

Once canceled, the upgrade reappears.

Also, I think OP mentioned not canceled until the 19th if they do decide to go that route. I think the concern is whether the upgrade will be available right after the cancelation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro