Who's preordered 6+ is getting delivered on 9/19?

MacBipes

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
What time did you pre-order?

I placed my pre-order on 9/12 about 4am eastern, same 128GB 6 Plus from Verizon. I have not received any updates yet.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Anybody here with sprint? If so, have any news or email updates? (ordered at launch time)

I called Corporate today and they are not guaranteeing any 6+ units with any timeframe shorter than 4-6 weeks. I don't know if you'll be one of the lucky few that gets one on launch day but they will not give a shipping date for them at this point. You can get a 6 all day long and could probably walk into a Sprint store and get one on Friday without much issue but a 6+ has no guaranteed delivery date right now.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I called Corporate today and they are not guaranteeing any 6+ units with any timeframe shorter than 4-6 weeks. I don't know if you'll be one of the lucky few that gets one on launch day but they will not give a shipping date for them at this point. You can get a 6 all day long and could probably walk into a Sprint store and get one on Friday without much issue but a 6+ has no guaranteed delivery date right now.
That blows. Thanks for the info. All I can do hope at this point.. I got mine pre-ordered an hour after launch time Friday morning.

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Are you saying that if our orders still show as "deliver 9/19" that this likely is BS? I think Apple would ruin their reputation if they didn't honor preorder dates within reason. New preorders - yes. But anyone who ordered at 12:30am PDT and got a 6 plus with a delivery date of 9/19 had best get them, or Apple will lose a customer. It's bad enough that we are forced to grovel in the middle of the night for preorders because Apple creates artificial shortages. But when they won't honor those pre orders, then that is a major insult.

I paid full list price on preorder night because I wanted a 6 plus and had a year to go on my 5s. It came to about $925. When I ordered it, the Apple site said this would reset my contract back to another 2 years. That's really pathetic since I paid full price and wasn't subsidized one dime. When I activate it with Verizon I am going to give them an earful if they try to hold me to that. I feel like I was made to eat dirt to spend close to a grand for a phone. Only Apple would do that. Then again Verizon isn't much better. I have had cell phones since 1990. Only since iPhones have these companies tried to control our lives and our wallets. I'll take it in the shorts this one time, but if these people do it any longer - I'll stick to burner phones and forget technology.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that if our orders still show as "deliver 9/19" that this likely is BS? I think Apple would ruin their reputation if they didn't honor preorder dates within reason. New preorders - yes. But anyone who ordered at 12:30am PDT and got a 6 plus with a delivery date of 9/19 had best get them, or Apple will lose a customer. It's bad enough that we are forced to grovel in the middle of the night for preorders because Apple creates artificial shortages. But when they won't honor those pre orders, then that is a major insult.

I paid full list price on preorder night because I wanted a 6 plus and had a year to go on my 5s. It came to about $925. When I ordered it, the Apple site said this would reset my contract back to another 2 years. That's really pathetic since I paid full price and wasn't subsidized one dime. When I activate it with Verizon I am going to give them an earful if they try to hold me to that. I feel like I was made to eat dirt to spend close to a grand for a phone. Only Apple would do that. Then again Verizon isn't much better. I have had cell phones since 1990. Only since iPhones have these companies tried to control our lives and our wallets. I'll take it in the shorts this one time, but if these people do it any longer - I'll stick to burner phones and forget technology.

If you bought direct from Apple, I?d say the delivery dates that are showing are accurate. If you bought elsewhere, it may not be "BS", but they could slip. Remember, ONLY Apple has control on the pipeline. Based on supply constraints, etc, supplies may be limited. I would expect the carrier stores to get some devices, and then the other retailers. But if they are dependent on Apple getting them devices (and they are), there is the possibility that they outsold what will end up being their allotment.

As has been stated in multiple threads, phones allocated for pre-order sales are separate from the allocation for launch day in-store sales. Reports are that Apple has ordered more phones this year than last. But likewise, demand is also higher.

With regard to paying full price and having your contract date reset, that would not be something that Apple can control. Contracts and equipment upgrades are managed by the carriers, so your beef would be with them.

With regard to "companies [trying] to control our lives and wallets", all I can say is "welcome to the free market system". Supply/demand have almost always trumped common sense. It probably started long before, but the first product that I remember causing the "feeding frenzy" was the Cabbage Patch Kids dolls. It seems like it happens every year with one tech device or toy.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me why my Verizon tracking number does not work!!!!!!!
Delivery is 9/19 but tracking number won't pull anything up

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
When will the iPhone 6 plus ship? It says delivers 9/19 but it has not shipped yet I bought it from Apple.com, is it too early to ship? In past years when has it shipped?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

With so many orders to fill, maybe they are having a difficult time keeping up. I wouldn't worry about it just yet. I've had tracking number indicate that a package had been delivered when it wasn't and packages that we allegedly still processing when it had been delivered.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site

Generally this means that a sticker has been put on the box with that tracking number, but it hasn't been picked up yet. But with the sheer volume of iPhones being handled by all parties, it could just be that the FedEx/UPS systems are having a hard time keeping updated tracking information. I still have not received my shipping notification, but I was able to use the phone number trick (for Apple orders only) to see that my phone left China yesterday. So, I know it's on the move, but Apple still hasn't been able to update my order status to show me such.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
When will the iPhone 6 plus ship? It says delivers 9/19 but it has not shipped yet I bought it from Apple.com, is it too early to ship? In past years when has it shipped?

It could just be that updated shipping information has not been entered into Apple's system yet. See above post of mine.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Wow. So much hand wringing. It’s just a phone. (And worrying, getting anxious and standing with your nose pressed against the picture window, watching for the delivery guy won’t make it get here any sooner.)

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Wow. So much hand wringing. It?s just a phone. (And worrying, getting anxious and standing with your nose pressed against the picture window, watching for the delivery guy won?t make it get here any sooner.)

It is just a phone but this phone we speak of (phones) got 4 million pre orders it's just exciting, the reason I ask these questions is because I do not want to get my hopes up and not even get it on launch day .

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It is just a phone but this phone we speak of (phones) got 4 million pre orders it's just exciting, the reason I ask these questions is because I do not want to get my hopes up and not even get it on launch day .

Understood. But the world would not end if it was delayed. I will come eventually. And one more time, it’s just a phone.

I am expecting mine on 9/19, but it will be here when it gets here. In the meanwhile, life goes on.

rengle02

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. We are seeing 9/19 deliveries for Verizon and T-Mobile, but not so much for AT&T. I too ordered shortly after 3am edt via AT&T. 64gb Silver. Expected delivery 10/13-22/2014.

I ordered mine at 3:07am EST and I'm getting the same Expected delivery 10/13-22/2014 for my 6 plus 64gb, but my wife is getting her 6 on the 19th that I ordered after mine.

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My mom's 16GB silver 6+ has been sitting in Newark since Sunday (per her FedEx tracking number - delivery Friday by 8PM).
My 64GB silver 6+ has been...well, not sure. Hanging out somewhere. I got an UPS tracking number sent to me yesterday that wasn't pulling up any information. Just checked again and got the "a shipping label has been created" message. So both of ours are on track for sometime on Friday.

Both were pre-ordered on Verizon's website, orders didn't go through until close to 4AM EST.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My mom's 16GB silver 6+ has been sitting in Newark since Sunday (per her FedEx tracking number - delivery Friday by 8PM).
My 64GB silver 6+ has been...well, not sure. Hanging out somewhere. I got an UPS tracking number sent to me yesterday that wasn't pulling up any information. Just checked again and got the "a shipping label has been created" message. So both of ours are on track for sometime on Friday.

Both were pre-ordered on Verizon's website, orders didn't go through until close to 4AM EST.

We'll I'm glad I'm not the only one :) I have the same message as you for both my iPhone 6 Plus, orders went through on Verizon at 12:09AM PST :) I have the same message as you for both my 64GB iPhone 6 Plus, delivery 9/19

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro