Who's preordered 6+ is getting delivered on 9/19?

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Ordered AT&T at midnight said was going to ship end of October so hit radio shack at 8am got my space gray 128 for pickup on the 19th.

MacintoshMar

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I preordered today from T-Mobile just 16gb Space Grey and it will ship on the 19th estimated arrival is the 22nd. Not sure if that means it'll be 19th shipping date.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Nicky1983

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Got mine shipping on the 19th card charged. Keeping checking to make sure it doesn't change ordered through apple on att next 64 gold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ordered AT&T at midnight said was going to ship end of October so hit radio shack at 8am got my space gray 128 for pickup on the 19th.

Just an FYI...last year during the 5S, Radio Shack did not receive shipments on release day. Hopefully with this years pre-ordering option, this won't happen, but it's important to know that Radio Shack REALLY dropped the ball last year during the 5S release.

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI...last year during the 5S, Radio Shack did not receive shipments on release day. Hopefully with this years pre-ordering option, this won't happen, but it's important to know that Radio Shack REALLY dropped the ball last year during the 5S release.

Thanks for the heads up. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Even if I get it a couple of days later it's still better than my October 13th date from AT&T

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a 64GB silver iPhone 6 plus through the Apple store app on my iPhone 5S. It will be here Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine one hour after launch... However, it's weird, when I check the order it says it's in the warehouse, but allow 4-6 weeks for delivery...But when talking to a rep on the phone yesterday, she said (after speaking to supervisor} that my order should be shipped out for delivery on Friday. Hopefully tomorrow they'll be a positive update. Unfortunately , I'm also dealing with sprint. Worst out of the bunch.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I manage a Source in Canada (formerly Radio Shack) and in the case of the 5S the same thing happened. The issue is this...they send out phones for general sale based on the number of preorders that store did, that way stores with high demand get allocation while stores that did no preorders won't have stock sitting there that won't sell. So with the 5S, my store did a single preorder. That was it. We received that customers unit 4 days prior to launch so it was there for him (although he didn't bother to pick it up for 2 weeks), but we received no 5S units to sell to walkin for 5 weeks. All this was based on only having the single preorder. It's flawed because I could have sold that idiots 64Gb gold a dozen times over in the time it sat there waiting for him.

This launch is going the same way. Preorders in my district are slow. My store hasn't had a single one, not even an inquiry, so I don't anticipate having any for launch day. I'm not even opening early. There's no point. It's why I ordered from Apple for my own phone.

We didn't see a gold come into stock until November for the 5S and as soon as it arrived I used my upgrade to get it.

So there's a few factors at play there. Now my understanding is that Radio Shack in the US is multi carrier while we are owned by Bell so only do Bell/Virgin, hence the need to space out Bell stock to all corporate plus dealer plus Source stores.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Radio Shack covers a handful of carriers here in the states...and your situation totally makes sense. Unfortunately we have a small sample size of Radio Shacks participation with iPhone releases because the 5S was their first time in the arena...the problem with Radio Shack is that it is very possible they fall under the same circumstance your store did, but where the difference would come into play is that Radio Shack stores marketed, advertised and told walk in customers that they were going to get the phones on launch day, and none of them did for about a week after launch.

Radio Shacks across Atlanta had lines of people waiting outside of them on launch day, and NONE of them had any...when employees arrived at the store, they had to disperse crowds who were waiting to get their devices that were supposedly coming (they even put people on their own private "waiting lists"...only to tell them there was no chance of them getting a device on launch day, wasting a lot of people's time.

I only know this stuff because my friend was one of the customers that did this...and he was looking for the most common of the devices from the release, the silver 64GB model (one that Apple had a plethora of thankfully when he went mid morning on release day and got one).

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Believe it or not, my carrier (Telus) says they will deliver on 9/18. I feel like they made a typo but will update.

Space Grey 6 Plus, 128 GB

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, my carrier (Telus) says they will deliver on 9/18. I feel like they made a typo but will update.

Space Grey 6 Plus, 128 GB

They're probably getting the same FedEx info that many members here got, which listed 9/18 as the shipping date. I have almost no doubt that these shipments will be held until 9/19 by request from Apple.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Sean,

Got two emails from my executive contacts about it. Both 'guaranteed' delivery by 9/18 in writing. Should be interesting!

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered 2 through Verizon - mine (64GB silver) and my mom's (16GB silver). Per our confirmation emails both should be delivered on Friday. :)

EDIT: Both of us got shipment emails that still have Friday as the delivery date.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods