For those who preordered through att

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine also changed. It was est ship of 10/31 and now has moved to 10/13/2014 To 10/22/2014.
But still shows last updated date of 9/12.

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I got the order status when I log in to view it, but it didn't say the last time it was updated.

My estimated shipping has changed three times since Friday but the updated date has not changed. I think right now AT&T is just seeing what stock they have and none of these dates are set in stone but they are like they say, 'estimated' and subject to change more in the next few weeks I'm sure.

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
You can choose between two years or Next(Which sucks) .

Next is actually what I choose and I really don't understand why some people say it sucks. Basically AT&T gave me a 20 month interest free loan for the total price of the phone and I get a $25 a month discount on that line of the phone. If I had chosen a 2 year contract it would have been $499 upfront and $25 more monthly (plus I saved $40 activation fee).

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Next is actually what I choose and I really don't understand why some people say it sucks. Basically AT&T gave me a 20 month interest free loan for the total price of the phone and I get a $25 a month discount on that line of the phone. If I had chosen a 2 year contract it would have been $499 upfront and $25 more monthly (plus I saved $40 activation fee).

It depends on what data plan you have. When I talked to AT&T today, it seems you only save $25 if you're using their 10 gb plan. I'm at 4 gb because I'm usually on wifi or using content already downloaded so I would only save $15. The deal is either pay for the phone upfront and lose the monthly credit or save on monthly fees and pay full price for the phone. I'm also getting the 128 gb phone so it's an added $40/mo for that.

Basically they get you coming and going... It's all really about how you want to take the pain. I don't think the Next plan is worse. Just different.

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what data plan you have. When I talked to AT&T today, it seems you only save $25 if you're using their 10 gb plan. I'm at 4 gb because I'm usually on wifi or using content already downloaded so I would only save $15. The deal is either pay for the phone upfront and lose the monthly credit or save on monthly fees and pay full price for the phone. I'm also getting the 128 gb phone so it's an added $40/mo for that.

Basically they get you coming and going... It's all really about how you want to take the pain. I don't think the Next plan is worse. Just different.

Yes the $25 discount is on 10GB or higher. Either way they get your monthly, whether it be monthly or up front.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

It sucks because if you want to go to another phone before your contract is up, you have to return that phone back to them.
Plus a $499 phone, isnt just interest free divided over 24 months, the full price $949 is divided over 24 months ( if youre talking about iPhone 6 plus 128gb), so you did pay the interest, in form of paying almost twice for the $499 phone. Sure with the $499 phone you are in it for 2 years, but if you get something else, you can always sell your current phone for cash.
The $25 off the bill is the only perk , but as mentioned above only good if you have 10GB or more data plan.
the $40 activation fee you saves, is nothing compared to the sales tax you paid on the $950 full price phone, which of course you dont see cause its all just inside a payment monthly.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I used the Next program as I have with last 2 phones, I paid the last 2 off early. The Next program works great for me because I have 8 lines on my acct with 20gb of data. The savings with that many lines really adds up vs subsidized price.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I used Next but only because I wasn't due for a subsidized upgrade and I couldn't buy at full price through the Apple Store app. I look at it like an interest free loan, and I'll pay it off early so I can unlock it for international travel. My old 5 is then considered to be off contract, and I can unlock it for my wife (at least so I've heard). Next doesn't make much sense for me since I'm still hanging on to the unlimited data plan (at least for the near future), but it was a way of getting the phone I wanted during the pre-order.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
FYI...the pre-order through Apple says "2 year contract" even when you buy it at full price, but I verified through AT&T today, there is no contract extension or change if you do not get a subsidized price. I told her my full retail price iPhone 6 Plus also said "with 2 year contract" and she said that was simply a copy/pasted form and that my contract would not be extended (I don't currently have a contract with AT&T so it will be quite easy to see whether this is true or not after I receive it).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2