For those who preordered through att

Luis Flores2

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I just checked my att status and my iPhone 6 plus is now backordered....

Previously it provided a delivery estimate of 10\2 to 10\13.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Ordered mine at midnight through att and now it has done the same as yours.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sarahhoch914

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Yup, mine too. :( AT&T rep just told me that 90% of customers who ordered through them won't get them till Nov 9-Nov 25. Ughhhh.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
What does your shipping status say? Mine says pending on the order tracking page but in the confirmation email it said it will ship in 14-21 business days in the fine print. I placed the order like 3 minutes after preorders began. Only went through att cause I couldn't get apples page to load.

Mine says preparing to ship; estimated ship date of 9/17-9/18; iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey. My bro ordered a 6+ 16GB Space Grey that says back ordered.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Here's something from a poster on AT&T forums:

Calm down, people.
I know there are a lot of folks frothing at the mouth over this and can't fathom why there's an apparent delay in iPhone 6+ shipping. Here's what happened, as I understand it:

Pre-sales were supposed to go live, across the board, at 12:01 AM PST. People loaded up the Apple site or their carrier site of choice (or both). Some folks are still unaware of this, but a technical error allowed people to order at least 15 minutes early from AT&T (I was one of them - I got my order in at around 11:54 PM and still got an initial ship date of 10/02). A lot of people took advantage of this, leading to a large number of stock being spoken for before the "official" presale time. This is why people who ordered minutes after midnight from AT&T were getting mid-October ship dates.

12:01 rolls around and Apple was still having problems, which caused a significant number of people to switch over to the carrier sites to make their orders. The huge influx of orders which otherwise would have been placed at Apple caused AT&T's projected ship dates to push back two months. Most people were shocked upon seeing these ship dates and cancelled their orders, and instead ordered from Apple (or somewhere else), hoping to get their phone on launch day.

Here's the kicker, though: It doesn't matter where you order from. They're all coming from the same source (Apple), and they will be shipped in the order in which they were received. If your order is processing or preparing for shipment, DO NOT CANCEL IT. If you cancel, you're essentially losing your place in line and you're only going to get it later than you thought you were in the first place. Don't take your aggression out on AT&T's employees. It's not their fault, and they're trying to deal with this fiasco as best they can. There are a ton of cancelled orders due to impatient people, and those will have to be cleared from their system. Once that happens, it will become apparent where you stand, and even more apparent when the tracking numbers go out next week.

From what I gather, if you ordered within the first few hours, you'll likely get your phone on release day. But even if you don't, so what? I know it's the "new hotness," but in reality, it brings little new to the table. If you currently have an iPhone, it can already do everything the 6 can do. There's been a lot of outrage over this ordeal, and most of it sounds exactly like the whining of a petulant child who didn't get the toy they wanted when they wanted it.

Put things in perspective, chill out, and give AT&T (and everyone else) a few days for the smoke to clear. You'll get your phone.

May not be true or the exact cause but it makes me feel better.

rgood0810

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Having worked at AT&T during the iphone 5 release, there is nothing a rep over the phone can do for your order when it is over the phone. Maybe because I ordered pretty early, I would like to think that I will receive mine Friday. My date was just recently moved up so I am remaining optimistic or I will be waiting in line at an att store. I don't think I will want to wait in the line that wil be at apple but I will try there first.

Question how dot he lines work when the apple store is in the mall?

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Ordered around 9am on Friday here. Mine says October 31 to November 11 here for shipping dates. Used to say until near end of November so at least I moved up a bit. Lol

Used to pre-order. They always charge the full amount you have to pay now. I was charged my purchase but experience tells me the charge will not post to my card so it will fall off. Then when the device actually ships they will charge card for real.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Luis Flores2

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
And now my phone is back to an estimated delivery date of 10/2 to 10/13. Backordered status was removed.

Seems like att is figuring out its stock and orders. Hopefully they sort it out soon.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
The way it worked at the mall here in tampa for the iPhone 4 release was this:

One long line outside the mall at the entrance closest to the apple store (i got there at about 10:30 pm night before and was about 40th in line)
About 5-6 am the Apple store employees came out and started asking everyone in line what carrier/size option you wanted or they checked you in if you had a pick up reservation
About an hour before the store opened they let the line form inside at which point it broke into two lines those that had pre-order pick up reservation and those that didn't
Once the store opened they took like the first 10 people in the non pre order line in first, then they started letting the pre order line in first with a ration of about 10:1 pre orders and everyone else

Salman91

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as most of you. I pre ordered my 64gb iPhone 6 Plus at 3:05 am EST through AT&T and got the 14 to 21 days to ship, AT&T didn't update the order page for the ship date till 4 pm and I got the 11/9 to 11/21 ship date. Needless to say I was pissed so I went right away and ordered and unlocked one through apple with a ship date of 10/13 to 10/21. I also tried to cancel my att order through chat but was told to call so I figured I would call during this week before the phone is released. I just checked my att order page again and the ship date now got moved up to 10/13 to 10/22! now I don't know which to cancel. I'm guessing the apple ship date is a firm date but the att ship date might get moved up again. Any suggestions ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro