For those who preordered through att

ShinKen

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ordered right right around midnight and it shows that my Plus 128GB has an Expected Ship Date: 10/13/2014 To 10/22/2014.....

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else here from NY that tried to order through the Apple IOS app with AT&T Next that got a message that AT&T Next users must preorder through AT&T's website or visit a store?

smoak5

May 1, 2012
Visit site
same boat as some of you. I was able to successfully place order on att website at 2:13 am CST for 6+ 128 GB space grey for full price. Got confirmatory email at 3:41 am CST saying delivery will be around 14-21 days. Then today, I got text saying that my order is preparing for shipping, but with estimated ship date 11/9-11/24. WTF? 13 minutes into the preorder time and we are already pushing November shipping? I ordered my wife's 6+ via Apple store App on my iPad afterwards and was able to get a 9/19 delivery day.

Never again will i order from a carrier.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
same boat as some of you. I was able to successfully place order on att website at 2:13 am CST for 6+ 128 GB space grey for full price. Got confirmatory email at 3:41 am CST saying delivery will be around 14-21 days. Then today, I got text saying that my order is preparing for shipping, but with estimated ship date 11/9-11/24. WTF? 13 minutes into the preorder time and we are already pushing November shipping? I ordered my wife's 6+ via Apple store App on my iPad afterwards and was able to get a 9/19 delivery day.

Never again will i order from a carrier.

Unfortunately, that is the reality this year. Hard lesson learned. Especially given the year, 2014. We'll get the phone soon enough. Who knows. Maybe AT&T will surprise us on the 19th.

pri79269

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It's been my experience that "Preparing to Ship" via AT&T only means that it's past the processing stage. Doesn't necessarily mean that they're boxing it up but that once they have it, you're good to go.

"Shipped" is the status you need to be looking for.

klcrow8690

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is the reality this year. Hard lesson learned. Especially given the year, 2014. We'll get the phone soon enough. Who knows. Maybe AT&T will surprise us on the 19th.

I agree with this mainly because I am going through the Premier store, and their site says the only way I can cancel the order is to refuse the shipment or to return it...

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I placed an order through AT&T because apples website was down, but never got an email confirmation so then placed one via apple at like 5 in the morning central time, and they sent me a confirmation. I figured I'd leave both orders up and see which one said it'd deliver first, then cancel the other. instead AT&T canceled my order with them, and apples order is still good. I called to make sure. after reading this thread, I'm glad my AT&T order got canceled and that I'll be getting mine through apple instead. even if it does mean my phone will come mid october. I wish I was getting mine on the 19th, but at least I'm not getting yanked around by AT&T.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You were playing a risky game there...you know if AT&T processed your order, they could also remove your ability to cancel the order as well? Right now, almost a week before shipping, my Apple order cannot be cancelled. I say risky because my friend did this 2 years ago, and figured he'd do the same thing...only his card got charged for two iPhone 5's, and he ended up having to take both of them.

Thankfully for him there was a rush on demand for them (like always) so he ended up making a little money on it...but he freaked when his bank account took that hit for two 64GB iPhone 5's.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with att and they told me everyone who ordered the 6+ has a ship date of nov 9 - nov 27. Could everyone check or recheck their status and tell me if you have anything different?

My credit card company decided to block the transaction due to suspicious activity "out of state purchase" (I'm still so pissed about this I can't even talk about it). Long story short I went from 14-21 day ship date to a ship date of nov 9 - nov 27 ... burn in hell Citi bank! :mad:

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
You were playing a risky game there...you know if AT&T processed your order, they could also remove your ability to cancel the order as well? Right now, almost a week before shipping, my Apple order cannot be cancelled. I say risky because my friend did this 2 years ago, and figured he'd do the same thing...only his card got charged for two iPhone 5's, and he ended up having to take both of them.

Thankfully for him there was a rush on demand for them (like always) so he ended up making a little money on it...but he freaked when his bank account took that hit for two 64GB iPhone 5's.
well with this in mind I got double reason not to order through a carrier next time. even if it means delaying my phone it doesn't seem worth the risk. I'll be dealing with apple only from now on. too bad I can't deal with only apple for the signal too.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My credit card company decided to block the transaction due to suspicious activity "out of state purchase" (I'm still so pissed about this I can't even talk about it). Long story short I went from 14-21 day ship date to a ship date of nov 9 - nov 27 ... burn in hell Citi bank! :mad:
I was worried something like this would happen to me, but apple told me that if it did, they'd let me know immediately, then hold my order for 5 days and allow me to call the bank and get it squared away. since your order just canceled I'm guessing you went through AT&T. add yet a third reason I'm vowing to never order an iphone via a carrier again. LOL

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Shipping estimate just got moved up! Went from 10/13-10/22 to 10/02-10/12. Hopefully it'll move up again to sometime in this month.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You all saying that your shipping changes I get worried and check mine.
It hasn't moved until today
It got pushed back to 10/13 - 10/24
:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh