For those who preordered through att

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Umm Lets see. They don't have any phones and sold them anyway?
Pretty simple as I see it.

I'm curious if you have any idea what you're talking about here...lol.

This is a PRE-order...which means we are putting in orders for a phone that isn't available yet. Apple didn't give us any indication of how many devices were available for ordering on the 19th, they are allowing pre-orders, and when pre-orders overwhelm the day 1 stock estimates, they continue pre-orders with shipping dates further and further out...this is the same way it is done every single year.

Apple hasn't lied about anything, and you know full well when you'll get your iPhone BEFORE you pay for it. Nobody is paying for an iPhone through Apple with a guarantee of getting it on the 19th and then after paying for it getting told a totally different date...if you had this happen through a carrier, blame your carrier...THIS is why most of us here suggest ordering through Apple when pre-ordering, but people don't want to listen or become impatient and they go with carrier sites, and god knows what happens there.

bdkuhn1

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I got information that my card has been charged and that my order is in process and when I placed the order it indicated that nothing is charged until the items is processed and shipped so to me that means I am getting one and it's on the way to the warehouse to ship out!

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site

This is a PRE-order...which means we are putting in orders for a phone that isn't available yet. Apple didn't give us any indication of how many devices were available for ordering on the 19th, they are allowing pre-orders, and when pre-orders overwhelm the day 1 stock estimates, they continue pre-orders with shipping dates further and further out...this is the same way it is done every single year.

Apple hasn't lied about anything, and you know full well when you'll get your iPhone BEFORE you pay for it. Nobody is paying for an iPhone through Apple with a guarantee of getting it on the 19th and then after paying for it getting told a totally different date...if you had this happen through a carrier, blame your carrier...THIS is why most of us here suggest ordering through Apple when pre-ordering, but people don't want to listen or become impatient and they go with carrier sites, and god knows what happens there.

Actually, it's not simple. If pre-ordering were simple (we get up on time and push the button), we wouldn't have this thread. Preordering is a race against time. Those who can find a break in the system get rewarded. The issue many of us have is that we tried preordering in the first hour. Both Apple and the carriers. Apple was down. ATT was up. I chose that route. I wasn't expecting a 3 week delay at that time in the morning.

I'm Ok with the delay when I know it is a genuine and transparent cause. When I see posts if people posting before and after my preorder and having a 9/19 date, my BS meter perks up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's actually quite simple. Instead of continuing to try to order through Apple, you jumped the gun and went with AT&T, and you ended up with a longer wait time than you wanted...I mean I hate to point out the obvious, but had you continued to try the Apple website and/or Apple store app, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

There's no BS here, it's just a tsunami of people pre-ordering the same product. Some of you took alternate routes...it worked for some, not for others.

detfan

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

This conversation with an apple apologist will prove to be pointless. Therefore after this I will unsubscribe. Preorder or not, the date for release is the 19th. They didn't say iPhone 6 only, they sold it as iPhones. Bottom line is they never planned on anyone getting the plus on the release date unless you wanted to stand in line all day.

As for ordering through apple? Hmm well I and other like me tried very very early this morning. To no avail. Btw., so I went with my carrier because at least I could get on the site. The other point I'd like to make on your other apology for apple is this.

It may be done like this every year, that doesn't make it right. I went from the 19th to 21-28 days to now a date of early to mid November. That may be ok with you mr. Know it all, but it isn't me.

I for one and, and yes I am in the minority am sick of how they handle release dates and pre orders. You keep on taking it from them. I won't. I'll be moving on the the note 4 if they continue to tell me I have to wait until November. My loyalty has ended with this company.

Now carry on with your ridiculous drivel and support for them, while I now out. Take care all star.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bdkuhn1

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree and this isn't the first time this has happened and I got on right when the ordering opened and I had problems.

I know my order today my card was charged and when you place the order it indicates that your card is not charged till the times is processed for shipping.

So I am assuming that my order is going to be shipped as there was a notice on the order page that indicated if you pre ordered before 3am PT time that you're order would be first. I ordered mine at 2:41 CST time and that is 12:41 PT so I was within that range of time!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dolls_Laughing.gif

I have no reason to be an "apple apologist" as you called it...Apple has done nothing to apologize for...so you didn't get an iPhone for the 19th because you ordered it through a carrier instead of through Apple? Somehow that's Apple's fault?

This entitlement notion is hilarious...get over it kid.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
It's actually quite simple. Instead of continuing to try to order through Apple, you jumped the gun and went with AT&T, and you ended up with a longer wait time than you wanted...I mean I hate to point out the obvious, but had you continued to try the Apple website and/or Apple store app, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

There's no BS here, it's just a tsunami of people pre-ordering the same product. Some of you took alternate routes...it worked for some, not for others.

You may be right. Then again you may not. All speculation. I think there are enough people who "jumped the gun" to go with the carrier to demonstrate that the carrier handling of preorders was mismanaged.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My card was charged. They do that to make sure that the money is there. The charge will be taken off in a few days.

Yes I went to att. Because apple wouldn't load. I'm not saying anything about apple. What I'm saying is it's bs that I place my order at 304, 3 min after preorders start and get a est shipping of mid November and someone who goes through att a half hour later gets mid October.

lugnut1012

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If people are upset then why don't you cancel your order through AT&T and buy it from Apple. The wait time through Apple is only 3-4 weeks (early to mid October) compared to early or mid November.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You may be right. Then again you may not. All speculation. I think there are enough people who "jumped the gun" to go with the carrier to demonstrate that the carrier handling of preorders was mismanaged.

I have no argument for the carriers...they very well may screwed the pooch on this whole thing, which is why almost every regular user on this website suggests using Apple to make your pre-orders (and any orders or services for that matter). I'd tend to say that I could almost guarantee the carriers mismanaged it, because that is what they do well...and why relying on them for Apple product purchases and service should be a last resort...and from what I can see, many people jumped to the carrier websites to order because many of them popped up BEFORE the Apple site or app. And now we see that many of the results were negative...

Perhaps some good experience for some of you to use on future pre-orders.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
When did Apple or the carriers say anyone was guaranteed a device on September 19th by pre-ordering?

Probably the same person who promised a quick solution to the Middle East quagmire. Preordering is offered as a convenience service in lieu of waiting in line at the stores. Not like we are paying extra to have it shipped on that date. Purely a convenience.

No one is arguing entitlements. We question the transparency in this process. Some have had success. Others not so rosy. Speculation is the only answer we ever get. Hence the posts on this thread.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Probably the same person who promised a quick solution to the Middle East quagmire. Preordering is offered as a convenience service in lieu of waiting in line at the stores. Not like we are paying extra to have it shipped on that date. Purely a convenience.

No one is arguing entitlements. We question the transparency in this process. Some have had success. Others not so rosy. Speculation is the only answer we ever get. Hence the posts on this thread.

Transparency? LOL

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So many people who have never done this before getting all worked up...lol.

I don't think I actually WANT to know this, but it'd be interesting to take a pole of people's age (in terms of all these threads in the last 24 hours). I'm thinking I could guess a good chunk of it, LOL!

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
So many people who have never done this before getting all worked up...lol.

I don't think I actually WANT to know this, but it'd be interesting to take a pole of people's age (in terms of all these threads in the last 24 hours). I'm thinking I could guess a good chunk of it, LOL!

You really are a moron.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry you had a bad experience ordering your phone but that is no reason to call other people names. Your new phone will be here soon enough.

Oh no, it's ok...when I'm sitting here exposing them for the idiocy they are driveling all over these threads, I'm expecting some name calling and backlash. I mean when they have no real argument, this is the common route of response...it's not surprising, and it happens every year. 95% of these guys complaining won't be back until next fall, so at least we have that.