Pre-order cross upgrade

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Just want to confirm.

I currently have an iPhone 5, that is not eligible for an upgrade. I have another line/iPhone on my account that is eligible.

I believe I can just pre-order the 6 using the phone number of the eligible phone, and then when the 6 is delivered I can move my existing SIM card from my iPhone 5 to the new 6 and activate.

Is this correct? I don't believe I need to call my carrier (AT&T). And I don't believe anything will happen to the phone number I used to upgrade, other than it will be subjected to a new 2 years.

Can I get a thumbs up from someone that has done this? Thanks guys.

-Brett

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Done this for the last three iPhones at an Apple store. No issues - the right phones had the right numbers every time.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah this works. But if you activate with provided sim then you will need to swap out the sim on the upgraded line.

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this works. But if you activate with provided sim then you will need to swap out the sim on the upgraded line.

So as long as I take the provided sim out, install my sim from my iPhone 5, then boot up the new phone and activate it... I'm all good?

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm for me? Do I have to activate the new iPhone with the included sim before putting my sim in?

Reason I ask... the line I used to upgrade is an iPhone 4 (with a micro sim - not a nano) so I'm hoping I can just put my nano sim in the new phone and activate.. without affecting the iPhone 4 sim/number at all.

Any info is appreciated.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
They should be able to program the cross upgrade into the transaction. Otherwise, just keep using your own SIM and everything stays the same.

Posted via iMore App

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...don't get lost in the details, the simple answer to your original question is yes, you can put your SIM card into the new iPhone and it will work just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2