I used to use a galaxy note 2. Loved the screen size and honestly miss it. Plus, I've been thinking of getting an Ipad mini to go with my Iphone 5s. That being said besides the larger screen plus the option for 128 gb I'm strongly considering getting the Iphone 6 plus first. Chances are I'll still get an ipad down the road. After using the 6 plus for awhile I'll have to determine if I want a mini or air. But from my experiences of using tablets vs phablets. . .For me a phablet is still alot smaller than a tablet. And web browsing and watching movies on a tablet is still alot better.

Long story short I don't think an Iphone 6 plus will replace the "WANT" for a tablet for me.
    21stNow likes this.
    09-14-2014 09:21 AM
    A mini yes. But an iPad Air? No.
    09-14-2014 10:00 AM
    I recently sold my air bc I found myself just turning to my iphone 5 bc that is what was on my person the most. I feel with the 6+, while obv much smaller than the air, it is the best combo for me for what I use it for, in 1 device, that will be on me 100% of the time.
    09-14-2014 10:23 AM
    I'm a bit tired of carrying around my mini, MBA, phone and a kindle. Too too much. I'm hoping the 6+ will replace the mini/phone. Add to that having some apps on ipad and others on the phone, it just all gets to be too much to manage. I maxed the memory on the 6+ for this reason. All the video, music, and apps I can ever want. And still enough room to take more pictures...

I am sold on the phablet idea for now because more often than not I don't bring out the ipad unless I'm reading a ton or watching a movie - very very rarely. I'd rather squint at the little phone screen than put one down and pick up another. Then do the reverse. Only to continue going back and forth? again and again? At this point I mostly read on the kindle and use my phone for everything I don't need a laptop for. And the air is so light I don't mind carrying it when it's needed - which is mostly for work. The added battery on the 6+ will be very welcome. We'll see how this new system goes
    09-14-2014 11:04 PM
    I sold my iPad Air on the assumption that getting the plus would have greatly reduced my need for the air. I have not run into any instances where I miss the air or think there's anything I can't do on the plus that I could have on the air. My wife has a mini and I used to use it from time to time before I got the air, but I haven't even picked that up since I picked up my plus. I know I'm probably not a typical iPad user but my phone is barely out of my hand throughout the day so I consider myself a heavy user. Also, the battery life is amazing, especially when on wifi. I usually get 16-20 hrs from a full charge.
    10-05-2014 09:25 PM
    My 6 Plus has already replaced my iPad Mini Retina, I gave it to my little brother.
    I don't think it's gonna be any competition for my Air though.

I honestly think it's up to you, my older brother has found use for his Air, Mini and 6 Plus, so this is different for everyone.
    10-05-2014 09:46 PM
    Ever since I got my iPhone 6 Plus on Tuesday, I have found myself not having to pull out my iPad 4 as often as it used to be. Right now, my iPad 4 is pretty much for movie viewing only where size does matter. Other than that, I can use my 6+ for everything that I used to do with my iPad. So to answer your question, I don't think the full size iPad will go away because movie viewing is still better on the full size iPad. But I can see the iPad Mini will be obsolete and go away very soon (kind of like the 32GB storage).
    10-05-2014 11:07 PM
    I have the iPad 4 and still use it, but not as often since I got my 6 Plus..I also have a Macbook Pro 15" and lately I've been on my phone and MacBook
    10-05-2014 11:23 PM
33 12