I'm wondering if there are any runners out there who plan to choose the iPhone 6 Plus over the iPhone 6? I run 4-5 days a week and usually squash my 5S into a tight pocked in my running tights but I'm willing to bet that the 6Plus will not fit. If you're a runner (or active person), how do you plan to carry the 6 Plus during your fitness activities? I thought maybe an armband but I think it'll look like a tv screen strapped on there. Maybe a spibelt?
    09-10-2014 02:23 PM
    Have get a backpack to put it in
    eyecrispy and rdubmu like this.
    09-10-2014 02:25 PM
    Without having held either of them in my hand yet, my gut tells me that the 4.7-inch model is going to be the one I'll prefer. Because at least I can still slip it in my jeans pocket without feeling like I've just shoved a skateboard down my pants. - Peter Cohen, iMore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2014 02:27 PM
    Too old to run, but do walk some. I have my man bag.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    rustymini and dstrauss like this.
    09-10-2014 02:27 PM
    I run the same amount. I'm getting the 6 Plus.
    09-10-2014 02:39 PM
    Currently own a GS5 which isn't too far off in size from the 6 plus (plus had a Note 2 prior to that). My running/walking solution is redneck engineering at its finest; I use a belly band holster! Holds a Kahr P9 just fine when not packing a phone & earbuds Yes, I found it a little uncomfortable for the first time or two but acclimated quickly. Now I honestly don't even notice it and I knew that I would hate trying to schlep a 'full figured' phone on an armband!
    09-10-2014 03:43 PM
    I run as well and have always carried my phone in my hand. Probably what I'll do with the 6 plus. It was the hands on video on cnet that made my final decision...now the color.
    09-10-2014 03:43 PM
    I'll more than likely get the iPhone 6 Plus, and I run a good deal, but I NEVER run with my device.
    tourstagefan likes this.
    09-10-2014 03:50 PM
    I do, the parents yell all the time about how something can go wrong and I won't have a way to contact people. Especially since I live in the country. I used to run with my iPod shuffle, but they stopped that.
    09-10-2014 04:01 PM
    Runner here, and I plan on getting the 6 plus. It may look a little big on my arm, but oh well. I also mountain bike and would like to use it then as well. I use the quad lock mounting system right now, and I hope they come up with new cases/arm bands quickly.
    09-10-2014 05:43 PM
    Exercise has been the major reason I have questioned whether this size will be better for me...primarily how it will sit on my bike handlebars. Thankfully the mount I bought for my bike was universal from iPhone 4 to Note 3, so I'm guessing this iPhone will fit in it fine and not be too overbearing.
    09-10-2014 05:52 PM
    I'm wondering if there are any runners out there who plan to choose the iPhone 6 Plus over the iPhone 6? I run 4-5 days a week and usually squash my 5S into a tight pocked in my running tights but I'm willing to bet that the 6Plus will not fit. If you're a runner (or active person), how do you plan to carry the 6 Plus during your fitness activities? I thought maybe an armband but I think it'll look like a tv screen strapped on there. Maybe a spibelt?
    This is one of the reasons, that if I move up from my 5s. It will prob, be the 6.
    09-10-2014 06:01 PM
    I run a good bit and will plan on taking my iPhone 6 plus with me as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-10-2014 07:14 PM
    The Watch will record your run, even without the phone. Sync data when you get back.

Of course, if you need the phone for other reasons. Music, Communication... then you are back to lugging the phone.

Check that... not sure about audio.
    09-10-2014 07:17 PM
    Right now, I'm thinking the Spibelt is the answer. I also got a pair of Race Ready shorts. They have tons of pockets and are apparently very comfortable.
    09-10-2014 09:30 PM
    If I end up getting the 6+, I wouldn't run with it, but I would run with my old iPod Touch 4. That saves my phone from being dropped, and also my iPod is so much smaller than the 6+ which makes sense for running.
    09-10-2014 10:17 PM
    Back in the day people used to carry the Sony Walkman or Discman and the belts you could buy were very comfortable and flexible. I run a bit but have always preferred the sounds of nature over music...
    09-10-2014 10:41 PM
    I posted a response to this in the iPhone 6 forum as well. I'm a runner and cannot imagine taking the Plus with me on my runs. Short of getting the Apple Watch (a pipe dream for now), I'd probably go with the 6. Lucky for me I have a few months to decide, since my upgrade doesn't come until December 26th.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-11-2014 07:58 PM
    I know a lot of iPhone owners are worried about carrying around the larger sized iPhones. I use to own the note 3, galaxy s5 and a few other large android phones. Even the note fit into my jeans pocket, mind you it wasn't the most comfortable but it fit. I am also very active and carry my devices around everywhere and had no real issues with the note 3.
    With the 6 plus being a little bit smaller than the note 3 and also thinner i bet you don't have any issues.
    09-11-2014 09:09 PM
    The Watch will record your run, even without the phone. Sync data when you get back.

Of course, if you need the phone for other reasons. Music, Communication... then you are back to lugging the phone.

Check that... not sure about audio.
    Are you sure about that? I've been reading you need your phone in order to get distance/pace, etc.
    09-11-2014 09:47 PM
    I run and I never take my phone with me. I use a Suunto Ambit 2s for running. I was planning on getting the apple watch, but you still need to carry your phone with you in order to use it for running. I would have liked the ability to send and receive texts from the watch while out on a run plus play music wirelessly through earphones
    09-11-2014 09:52 PM
    I know a lot of iPhone owners are worried about carrying around the larger sized iPhones. I use to own the note 3, galaxy s5 and a few other large android phones. Even the note fit into my jeans pocket, mind you it wasn't the most comfortable but it fit. I am also very active and carry my devices around everywhere and had no real issues with the note 3.
    With the 6 plus being a little bit smaller than the note 3 and also thinner i bet you don't have any issues.
    If you have girl pockets like I do, even the 5S doesn't fit in there. My running tights have pockets that barely fit the 5S. I'd like to try the 6Plus but as active as I am, I am not sure it's feasible. And yes, I have to be reachable during my runs.
    09-11-2014 10:13 PM
    If you have girl pockets like I do, even the 5S doesn't fit in there. My running tights have pockets that barely fit the 5S. I'd like to try the 6Plus but as active as I am, I am not sure it's feasible. And yes, I have to be reachable during my runs.
    Maybe try out an arm band strap? I use an arm band strap and control my music with pebble smart watch
    09-11-2014 10:14 PM
    Maybe try out an arm band strap? I use an arm band strap and control my music with pebble smart watch
    I thought about that. It will look huge! Right now, I'm leaning toward a spibelt.
    09-12-2014 06:02 AM
    I can't recommend this for the 6 plus YET before trying it out but I plan on using my Fuel Belt that stretches hopefully enough to accommodate the larger 6 plus size. You can pick the fuel belt up on Amazon. I run a lot here are a couple of quick suggestions 1. Adidas Boost running shoes! These are the shoes that helped me with all the miles of training leading up to qualifying for the Boston Marathon 2013 & 2014. These are not ordinary shoes the midsoles are made of a crazy material that does not wear out or get hard in cold weather so it protects and cushions the joints and makes longer runs feel shorter! I wear a $79 Wahoo Tickr heart rate strap (this strap has special accelerometers that can measure the smoothness of your stride along with your cadence .$150 Magellan Echo bluetooth watch that Echo's all the data coming from the iPhone like pace of run based on the phones gps along with heart rate data from the heart rate strap, (Even though the Apple watch will blow everything away!) this watch is wonderful, I wear it 24/7 use it all the time and the battery goes for 6 to 11 months! I also can't gush enough about JayBird's Blue Bud X wireless BT headphones. These are hands-down the very best sounding running BT headphones available. And they are guaranteed sweat proof. The fuel belt I mention above to hold the iPhone also has 4 gel loops and 2 connectors to hold a race bib. If I can cram the 6 plus into this belt I'll be set! As a runner I can't imagine putting a 6 plus in a case on my arm! Lol! I won't be able to reply back until the 1st of Oct. Because that's when Apple says I will get my 128gb space gray 6 plus even though I ordered 15 seconds after they finally opened the Apple Store last night:-(
    Last edited by raybeem; 09-12-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-12-2014 07:41 AM
72 123