Any runners planning to get an iPhone 6 Plus?

Sci_Fy

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a large Spibelt and it fits the 6 plus in it perfectly, even with the apple leather case on it. Not tried it on a run yet as I've done my ankle in but its seems very comfortable and I don't think it will move around or bounce so really happy with it. Grabbed some bluetooth headphones as well so I'm all set!

jaybee425

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I got the 6 Plus and ran my first half marathon last Sunday with it. It was just fine. I carried it in my hand with the Apple leather case on it and all was good. I will probably get an armband for it soon and try that out.
I am also running a 6K race this Sunday with it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a large Spibelt and it fits the 6 plus in it perfectly, even with the apple leather case on it. Not tried it on a run yet as I've done my ankle in but its seems very comfortable and I don't think it will move around or bounce so really happy with it. Grabbed some bluetooth headphones as well so I'm all set!

I'm also using a spibelt with my 6. And along with my Bluetooth buds, I'm all set for my races the next two weekends!

iamdjpaul

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I used to use an iPod shuffle when running of biking but have stopped this summer. I enjoy running and biking without out. The shuffle is so much smaller and I have a Garmin GPS watch so their would be no need for me to take the 6 Plus on a run.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I did a 10K race two weekends ago and a half marathon this past Sunday with my 6 and all was smooth! The 6 sat nicely in the back pocket of my Race Ready tights where it was easily accessible and well hidden. It also fits nicely in my spibelt with the apple leather case on there.

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I've never been a fan of phablet phones (especially for running and excersize) but I'm going to make an exception in this case.
The main reason: Battery life. The Iphone 6 Plus had a substantial upgrade to the battery life over my current phone 5s.

During a run, I typically run several apps at once (Run tracking software such as Nike+ and music streaming). Not including web-surfing, that burns approx. 10% battery life per hour on my current Iphone 5s Phone. The Iphone 6 battery is not much of an aprovement over the Iphone 5s, so I could expect similar results.

On my current phone that equates to burning a minimum of 20-30% (or more) battery life during the race itself. Just ran a 15K last weekend and my phone died mid-race with no warning (from being fully charged at the start of the day. Lasting only about 4 hours). That was devastating.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I went for a run this morning and it felt good.

Remind you I am coming from a Lumia 1520 which is much larger and heavier than the 6 plus and I never had complaints. I love the fact this phone is so thin though. It felt good when running. I later went to my dance class and was able to do all my moves, flips, turns and slides with no issues(my 1520 has a tendency to cause issues). Definitely not hard to handle a 6 plus for athletes

AvidRunner247

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I was skeptical about purchasing my iPhone 6 plus because i use my phone all the time when running. I just purchased some training shorts from Falco Sportswear. Falco Sportswear- The brand that reinvented the pocket. The shorts feature two secure pockets. Both securely store my iPhone 6 Plus. The pocket is on the hips and is not in the way. Once I'm a min into my run I don't even notice my iPhone in the pocket. The pockets are very unique in the way they are designed. It uses an elastic strap that expands out of the waistband. Really cool! It locks automatically too. Also theres no shaking while running, which is fantastic.

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
i have the 6s plus and I'm an advocate runner i am trading a friend my 6s plus for his 6s and he is gonna give me cash too.. def way too big for a person active and a daily driver in my opinion.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
i have the 6s plus and I'm an advocate runner i am trading a friend my 6s plus for his 6s and he is gonna give me cash too.. def way too big for a person active and a daily driver in my opinion.

I agree. I just couldn't deal with something that big during a run. To each his own. Some can. Anything larger than the 6/6s is too big for me, personally.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro