Any runners planning to get an iPhone 6 Plus?

christinarn2000

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same question regarding the phone. Its too big for athletes. For the iwatch to work the phone must be present as well for the GPS and cell signal. I run 20 or more a week. Not very happy

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Me! Planning on carrying it in my hand or putting it in my running skirt pocket.

What running skirt do you wear that has a pocket big enough for a 6Plus?

I ordered some Race Ready shorts and there are a ton of pockets, but i don't think the 6Plus will fit into the largest pocket. I think I will have to go with the SPIbelt or something similar.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
The Watch will record your run, even without the phone. Sync data when you get back.

Of course, if you need the phone for other reasons. Music, Communication... then you are back to lugging the phone.

Check that... not sure about audio.

Pretty sure you can have music stored on the watch. But not 100% sure. I think I heard cook mention it in his interview with Charlie rose.

Aguaski

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I run about 40 miles a week with my 5s and have several years of run data stored with Endomondo. I use a neoprene armband made Phillips. For me running with a phone is a must. I really liked the 6 Plus but I ended up ordering the 6 almost entirely because I thought it would be the most comfortable device to run with. I am interested to hear how the 6 Plus works with runners because I may reconsider getting the bigger iPhone the next time I upgrade.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I run about 40 miles a week with my 5s and have several years of run data stored with Endomondo. I use a neoprene armband made Phillips. For me running with a phone is a must. I really liked the 6 Plus but I ended up ordering the 6 almost entirely because I thought it would be the most comfortable device to run with. I am interested to hear how the 6 Plus works with runners because I may reconsider getting the bigger iPhone the next time I upgrade.

This is my exact dilemma. :) I don't run near the mileage you do but I do run often and have to be reachable. I will wait to hear from folks and also touch a 6Plus in a store before making a final decision.

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! They're pricey! I'll hold off ordering for now, but would love to hear how your 6Plus fits once you get yours. I am hoping that it'll fit in the Race Ready pocket, but only time will tell.
Oh, I completely agree. Similar to Apple products - pricey but worth it, and slightly addicting. :)

Bano D greate

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Okay, iPhone 6 plus is quite big for a runners and I don't imagine myself wearing a gigantic phone armband nor a fuel-fanny-pack belt running unless I want to keep extra tampons in that belt.
Anyhows, it will be interesting for me to see how the iWatch is going to play out with the phone. If iWatch runs independently on it's own data piggy-backed to you data plan which you have for iPhone, that would work more far better for runners....In this sense, no need to be carrying my phone around when I run and just wear that watch. In summary, I don't mind getting the iPhone 6 plus but I need to see what the iWatch has to offer first.Some genius from Apple should have thought about it and I am willing to bet the chance of that was high. :beer::biggrin::p:kiss::tongue::crying::dancing::gold-star:

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 6 setup tonight. First order of business tomorrow is to take it out for a 13 mile run. I'm glad I didn't go with the Plus. Would've been way too big.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from a 13 mile run with my 6. It did great! It fit nicely into the bigger back pocket of my Race Ready shorts and didn't bother me at all during the run. Glad I went with the 6 and not the plus. Anyone else run with it yet?

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Posted this in macrumors earlier...

For anyone still looking for a solution for running, cycling or exercising with the Plus, you may want to consider the Amphipod Airflow Lite. I generally use a SPIbelt running, but use the Amphipod when I've needed to run with my old 5s with mophie attached. The Amphipod fits (barely) the Plus with the Apple leather case.

One caveat ? with the SPIbelt and 5s, I generally wear the pouch in the front, but with the Amphipod I found it best to have the pouch in the back with the 5s/mophie. I went out for a 7 mile run with the Amphipod and a Plus yesterday and it worked fine.

Previously, I refused to consider the Plus because I didn't want to go for long runs without an phone, and I didn't want to have to maintain a second, smaller phone just for running. I learned yesterday that although there may be other reasons a Plus doesn't work for me ? jury's still out ? running and cycling isn't one of them. Hope that helps. YMMV

Products | Amphipod

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm a swimmer (was top in my school), not a runner, so I figured I can swim on the 6+ rather than with it :huh:
Much like these:
Dolphin-board-support-swimming-board-swimming-AID-board-float-board.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods