Thanks! They're pricey! I'll hold off ordering for now, but would love to hear how your 6Plus fits once you get yours. I am hoping that it'll fit in the Race Ready pocket, but only time will tell.
    Oh, I completely agree. Similar to Apple products - pricey but worth it, and slightly addicting.
    09-16-2014 08:23 AM
    That doesn't look half bad. Thanks for the link.
    I have the AirFlow Lite somewhere kicking around. I'll try to dig it up today ad see if the iPhone 6 Plus template I have fits in it.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-16-2014 09:47 AM
    Okay, iPhone 6 plus is quite big for a runners and I don't imagine myself wearing a gigantic phone armband nor a fuel-fanny-pack belt running unless I want to keep extra tampons in that belt.
    Anyhows, it will be interesting for me to see how the iWatch is going to play out with the phone. If iWatch runs independently on it's own data piggy-backed to you data plan which you have for iPhone, that would work more far better for runners....In this sense, no need to be carrying my phone around when I run and just wear that watch. In summary, I don't mind getting the iPhone 6 plus but I need to see what the iWatch has to offer first.Some genius from Apple should have thought about it and I am willing to bet the chance of that was high.
    09-25-2014 03:13 PM
    I never thought about that. I usually run with my phone in my hand.. I was going to say I'll just bring my  Watch (when it's released) on runs but if you need your phone to be with you, this won't work. Maybe get one of these? A flip belt..
    I think I'll check these out! And great colors. Thanks for the suggestion.
    09-26-2014 12:13 PM
    I just got my 6 setup tonight. First order of business tomorrow is to take it out for a 13 mile run. I'm glad I didn't go with the Plus. Would've been way too big.
    09-27-2014 12:37 AM
    I just got back from a 13 mile run with my 6. It did great! It fit nicely into the bigger back pocket of my Race Ready shorts and didn't bother me at all during the run. Glad I went with the 6 and not the plus. Anyone else run with it yet?
    GolfnCPA likes this.
    09-27-2014 11:20 AM
    Posted this in macrumors earlier...

For anyone still looking for a solution for running, cycling or exercising with the Plus, you may want to consider the Amphipod Airflow Lite. I generally use a SPIbelt running, but use the Amphipod when I've needed to run with my old 5s with mophie attached. The Amphipod fits (barely) the Plus with the Apple leather case.

One caveat with the SPIbelt and 5s, I generally wear the pouch in the front, but with the Amphipod I found it best to have the pouch in the back with the 5s/mophie. I went out for a 7 mile run with the Amphipod and a Plus yesterday and it worked fine.

Previously, I refused to consider the Plus because I didn't want to go for long runs without an phone, and I didn't want to have to maintain a second, smaller phone just for running. I learned yesterday that although there may be other reasons a Plus doesn't work for me jury's still out running and cycling isn't one of them. Hope that helps. YMMV

Products | Amphipod
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-27-2014 01:59 PM
    Really not a problem at all to run with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 02:00 PM
    I'm going to try a spibelt with my 6 on my next run. I suspect it'll work just fine.
    09-27-2014 02:44 PM
    I'm a swimmer (was top in my school), not a runner, so I figured I can swim on the 6+ rather than with it
    Much like these:
    Any runners planning to get an iPhone 6 Plus?-dolphin-board-support-swimming-board-swimming-aid-board-float-board.jpg
    eyecrispy and mfm77 like this.
    09-27-2014 02:50 PM
    09-27-2014 05:46 PM
    I picked up a large Spibelt and it fits the 6 plus in it perfectly, even with the apple leather case on it. Not tried it on a run yet as I've done my ankle in but its seems very comfortable and I don't think it will move around or bounce so really happy with it. Grabbed some bluetooth headphones as well so I'm all set!
    10-03-2014 03:39 PM
    I got the 6 Plus and ran my first half marathon last Sunday with it. It was just fine. I carried it in my hand with the Apple leather case on it and all was good. I will probably get an armband for it soon and try that out.
    I am also running a 6K race this Sunday with it.
    10-03-2014 07:17 PM
    I picked up a large Spibelt and it fits the 6 plus in it perfectly, even with the apple leather case on it. Not tried it on a run yet as I've done my ankle in but its seems very comfortable and I don't think it will move around or bounce so really happy with it. Grabbed some bluetooth headphones as well so I'm all set!
    I'm also using a spibelt with my 6. And along with my Bluetooth buds, I'm all set for my races the next two weekends!
    10-05-2014 09:01 PM
    I used to use an iPod shuffle when running of biking but have stopped this summer. I enjoy running and biking without out. The shuffle is so much smaller and I have a Garmin GPS watch so their would be no need for me to take the 6 Plus on a run.
    10-12-2014 11:58 AM
    I did a 10K race two weekends ago and a half marathon this past Sunday with my 6 and all was smooth! The 6 sat nicely in the back pocket of my Race Ready tights where it was easily accessible and well hidden. It also fits nicely in my spibelt with the apple leather case on there.
    10-21-2014 10:19 AM
    I've never been a fan of phablet phones (especially for running and excersize) but I'm going to make an exception in this case.
    The main reason: Battery life. The Iphone 6 Plus had a substantial upgrade to the battery life over my current phone 5s.

During a run, I typically run several apps at once (Run tracking software such as Nike+ and music streaming). Not including web-surfing, that burns approx. 10% battery life per hour on my current Iphone 5s Phone. The Iphone 6 battery is not much of an aprovement over the Iphone 5s, so I could expect similar results.

On my current phone that equates to burning a minimum of 20-30% (or more) battery life during the race itself. Just ran a 15K last weekend and my phone died mid-race with no warning (from being fully charged at the start of the day. Lasting only about 4 hours). That was devastating.
    11-12-2014 11:53 AM
    I went for a run this morning and it felt good.

Remind you I am coming from a Lumia 1520 which is much larger and heavier than the 6 plus and I never had complaints. I love the fact this phone is so thin though. It felt good when running. I later went to my dance class and was able to do all my moves, flips, turns and slides with no issues(my 1520 has a tendency to cause issues). Definitely not hard to handle a 6 plus for athletes
    11-17-2014 04:33 PM
    I was skeptical about purchasing my iPhone 6 plus because i use my phone all the time when running. I just purchased some training shorts from Falco Sportswear. Falco Sportswear- The brand that reinvented the pocket. The shorts feature two secure pockets. Both securely store my iPhone 6 Plus. The pocket is on the hips and is not in the way. Once I'm a min into my run I don't even notice my iPhone in the pocket. The pockets are very unique in the way they are designed. It uses an elastic strap that expands out of the waistband. Really cool! It locks automatically too. Also theres no shaking while running, which is fantastic.
    11-18-2015 03:29 PM
    i have the 6s plus and I'm an advocate runner i am trading a friend my 6s plus for his 6s and he is gonna give me cash too.. def way too big for a person active and a daily driver in my opinion.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-27-2016 03:18 PM
    i have the 6s plus and I'm an advocate runner i am trading a friend my 6s plus for his 6s and he is gonna give me cash too.. def way too big for a person active and a daily driver in my opinion.
    I agree. I just couldn't deal with something that big during a run. To each his own. Some can. Anything larger than the 6/6s is too big for me, personally.
    brookeyydooo likes this.
    06-27-2016 04:19 PM
    i just switched back today, feels so much better
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-27-2016 08:57 PM
72 123