Any runners planning to get an iPhone 6 Plus?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if there are any runners out there who plan to choose the iPhone 6 Plus over the iPhone 6? I run 4-5 days a week and usually squash my 5S into a tight pocked in my running tights but I'm willing to bet that the 6Plus will not fit. If you're a runner (or active person), how do you plan to carry the 6 Plus during your fitness activities? I thought maybe an armband but I think it'll look like a tv screen strapped on there. Maybe a spibelt?

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Without having held either of them in my hand yet, my gut tells me that the 4.7-inch model is going to be the one I'll prefer. Because at least I can still slip it in my jeans pocket without feeling like I've just shoved a skateboard down my pants. - Peter Cohen, iMore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Currently own a GS5 which isn't too far off in size from the 6 plus (plus had a Note 2 prior to that). My running/walking solution is redneck engineering at its finest; I use a belly band holster! Holds a Kahr P9 just fine when not packing a phone & earbuds :) Yes, I found it a little uncomfortable for the first time or two but acclimated quickly. Now I honestly don't even notice it and I knew that I would hate trying to schlep a 'full figured' phone on an armband!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I run as well and have always carried my phone in my hand. Probably what I'll do with the 6 plus. It was the hands on video on cnet that made my final decision...now the color.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll more than likely get the iPhone 6 Plus, and I run a good deal, but I NEVER run with my device.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I do, the parents yell all the time about how something can go wrong and I won't have a way to contact people. Especially since I live in the country. I used to run with my iPod shuffle, but they stopped that.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Runner here, and I plan on getting the 6 plus. It may look a little big on my arm, but oh well. I also mountain bike and would like to use it then as well. I use the quad lock mounting system right now, and I hope they come up with new cases/arm bands quickly.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Exercise has been the major reason I have questioned whether this size will be better for me...primarily how it will sit on my bike handlebars. Thankfully the mount I bought for my bike was universal from iPhone 4 to Note 3, so I'm guessing this iPhone will fit in it fine and not be too overbearing.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if there are any runners out there who plan to choose the iPhone 6 Plus over the iPhone 6? I run 4-5 days a week and usually squash my 5S into a tight pocked in my running tights but I'm willing to bet that the 6Plus will not fit. If you're a runner (or active person), how do you plan to carry the 6 Plus during your fitness activities? I thought maybe an armband but I think it'll look like a tv screen strapped on there. Maybe a spibelt?

This is one of the reasons, that if I move up from my 5s. It will prob, be the 6.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Watch will record your run, even without the phone. Sync data when you get back.

Of course, if you need the phone for other reasons. Music, Communication... then you are back to lugging the phone.

Check that... not sure about audio.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Right now, I'm thinking the Spibelt is the answer. I also got a pair of Race Ready shorts. They have tons of pockets and are apparently very comfortable.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If I end up getting the 6+, I wouldn't run with it, but I would run with my old iPod Touch 4. That saves my phone from being dropped, and also my iPod is so much smaller than the 6+ which makes sense for running.

petrosil

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Back in the day people used to carry the Sony Walkman or Discman and the belts you could buy were very comfortable and flexible. I run a bit but have always preferred the sounds of nature over music...

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I posted a response to this in the iPhone 6 forum as well. I'm a runner and cannot imagine taking the Plus with me on my runs. Short of getting the Apple Watch (a pipe dream for now), I'd probably go with the 6. Lucky for me I have a few months to decide, since my upgrade doesn't come until December 26th.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot of iPhone owners are worried about carrying around the larger sized iPhones. I use to own the note 3, galaxy s5 and a few other large android phones. Even the note fit into my jeans pocket, mind you it wasn't the most comfortable but it fit. I am also very active and carry my devices around everywhere and had no real issues with the note 3.
With the 6 plus being a little bit smaller than the note 3 and also thinner i bet you don't have any issues.

mummer43

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The Watch will record your run, even without the phone. Sync data when you get back.

Of course, if you need the phone for other reasons. Music, Communication... then you are back to lugging the phone.

Check that... not sure about audio.

Are you sure about that? I've been reading you need your phone in order to get distance/pace, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative