I must of missed it... but what type of glass is the 6 and 6p?

Is it Sapphire?

If it's NOT sapphire.. and I need to put a screen protector on this beast.. it seems like a screen protector will kind of fail being Applied.. because of the way the glss raps around the screen... =/
    09-10-2014 01:10 PM
    What are you talking about? Putting a glass screen protector on the iPhone 6 will be no different then any other phone today. Well maybe except for the Note Edge.
    09-10-2014 01:30 PM
    I must of missed it... but what type of glass is the 6 and 6p?

Is it Sapphire?

If it's NOT sapphire.. and I need to put a screen protector on this beast.. it seems like a screen protector will kind of fail being Applied.. because of the way the glss raps around the screen... =/
    They didnt say. But I dont recall them ever mentioning Gorilla Glass in any previous product announcement, either. Perhaps it was always mentioned in press releases, etc, but not on stage. Same yesterday.

$64K question: Does it matter? Will it sway you one way or the other about buying?

Didnt think so.

I had a film type protector on my first iPhone 4. It bugged me so badly that I removed it. Havent had a screen protector on any iPhone, iPod or iPad except that one. Never an issue. No scratches, no breaks.
    09-10-2014 01:34 PM
    If it was Sapphire, they would have made a point of it.
    09-10-2014 01:47 PM
    They said it had an ion strengthening. All they said.
    09-10-2014 01:55 PM
    I'm sure companies that make screen protectors make them to accommodate all shapes and.... Curves
    09-10-2014 02:34 PM
    It's made from ground up bird beak that is set out in the fields of the midwest and struck by lightning...after being retrieved, Apple treats the lightning bird beak glass with no less than 4oz. of oil from the right front wing of a honey bee...the oil contents are still unknown, but are thought to have magic properties and a little bit of delicious honey.
    Just_Me_D and taz323 like this.
    09-10-2014 06:14 PM
    It's made from ground up bird beak that is set out in the fields of the midwest and struck by lightning...after being retrieved, Apple treats the lightning bird beak glass with no less than 4oz. of oil from the right front wing of a honey bee...the oil contents are still unknown, but are thought to have magic properties and a little bit of delicious honey.
    You gotta STOP reading BGR!!
    09-10-2014 06:25 PM
    Attachment 64290
    09-10-2014 06:26 PM
    Dude...Really!?...You're killing me...(laughing)
    09-10-2014 06:28 PM