Pre-order 12Sep at 12:01 AM? Which time zone?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm here in pst, first time doing a quick pre-order like this!

I may have to do it with the carrier and not Apple though, as I'm on a business plan. I heard the carrier (AT&T) just needs to approve it for me to buy it from Apple. But yeah, if I can't, I'll get it from the carrier.

Has anyone done this with the carrier? Is it easy? Do they get a smaller priority compared to Apple.com? Is it at 12:01 too? Do I get it release date too?

I usually get multiple devices and attempt to use multiple sources... at&t is a lot harder to get it from than the apple website. It also seems like Apple always has more phones.

If you order it that early, you should get it release day as it ships 1-2 days prior.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For people asking about which is an easier pre-order, the carrier or Apple, I've done both in the past and while I found the Apple experience easier overall, the Verizon pre-order process on their site was smoother (no page time-outs or failures to load). I can only assume that the Apple website gets hammered way harder as soon as pre-orders go live than the individual carriers do. YMMV.

Both phones I pre-ordered arrived on launch day so it doesn't seem to effect the delivery date of the device.

Hope that helps someone.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
For people asking about which is an easier pre-order, the carrier or Apple, I've done both in the past and while I found the Apple experience easier overall, the Verizon pre-order process on their site was smoother (no page time-outs or failures to load). I can only assume that the Apple website gets hammered way harder as soon as pre-orders go live than the individual carriers do. YMMV.

Both phones I pre-ordered arrived on launch day so it doesn't seem to effect the delivery date of the device.

Hope that helps someone.

Which is a good point, because at&t's site is the total opposite. It was timing out even prior to pre-ordering for me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
First year I'm going to try pre-order but I hear they sell out within hours or less. Can't find this on Apple's site or here, but may be missing it... when EXACTLY does pre-ordering start on 12Sep and what time zone is that in?

It goes by apple time aka California time zone

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
it has the word "order" in it... so yes

you're just paying early for it, like any other pre order in the world

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member