Pre-order 12Sep at 12:01 AM? Which time zone?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
hi! how about Canada? there are three different time zones? which one chosed Apple to be used in their online stores?
thanks!

All stores, all carriers, are basing off of the same time, simply converted to where you reside based on 12:01am PDT. If you are pre-ordering from your computer, convert the time zone which you are at, to the PDT time of 12:01am. Don't worry about anything other than that.

Last edited:

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I used to just read in confusion when people were getting up overnight to be first to order a new phone. I have a 5S which I like very much but wasn't impressed enough with it to be a fast adopter and certainly not give up any sleep. I've NEVER pre-ordered an iPhone and hope I won't regret this (ie; being a crash-test dummy for any early hardware issues). I know folks will point to the fact that Android phones have had a handful of these new hardware options on current and previous devices. But, I don't want an Android phone. I wanted Apple to offer those things and put in an Apple style package and I really feel they delivered. The combo of iOS 8 and an iPlus is the most impressive thing I've seen from Apple since the first iPhone. Double the max memory storage, wifi ac, VoLTE for Verizon, optical image stabilization with a well-beyond Retina resolution screen that can function as a double pane display and on and on... I found myself very impressed and drawn to be an early adopter and, for the first time, willing to set an alarm to get up and pre-order one :p I still feel a little goofy doing it... but not so goofy that it's gonna change my plans :cool:

Thanks again to all for hashing out to clarify start time and enjoy your new iPhones when they arrive!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
hi! how about Canada? there are three different time zones? which one chosed Apple to be used in their online stores?
thanks!

Dang, son, do the calculation. It will happen at 12:00 midnight Thursday night/Friday morning on Cupertino time. So map your location's time zone back to the U.S. Pacific Daylight Time and you’ll know the answer. PDT is GMT-7.

And we wonder why we’re so far behind the world in math and science skills. SMH

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it.

lol...the rest of the world will be pre-ordering at 12am PDT, but you knock yourself out going with your own advice.

giphy.gif

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I seen that but I can't keep a phone for 2 years. I want to upgrade annually. That's the only reason I won't lease it.

Australia is actually broken in to 3 time zones.

+8 (AWST), +9 1/2 (ACST) & +10 (AEST).

California is -8.

Therefore... it would be 16, 17 1/2 and 18 hours ahead.

12:01 am on 9/12 would be on the same day... just in the evening. 4:01pm, 5:31pm & 6:01pm.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Luckily for me its 1AM so not too bad, but not great.
Gonna take a little nap before the event, then hot tub until 1AM then its game on!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

California is -8.

12:01 am on 9/12 would be on the same day... just in the evening. 4:01pm, 5:31pm & 6:01pm.
California is currently -7. My sister in Perth is now 15 hours ahead. When she was in Sydney, she was 17 hours ahead this time of year. So it'll be 3 in WA and 5 in NSW.

BTW, the stock clock app on your iPhone shows all this info. :)

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm here in pst, first time doing a quick pre-order like this!

I may have to do it with the carrier and not Apple though, as I'm on a business plan. I heard the carrier (AT&T) just needs to approve it for me to buy it from Apple. But yeah, if I can't, I'll get it from the carrier.

Has anyone done this with the carrier? Is it easy? Do they get a smaller priority compared to Apple.com? Is it at 12:01 too? Do I get it release date too?

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

California is -8.

Fancy seeing you here :)

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone done this with the carrier? Is it easy? Do they get a smaller priority compared to Apple.com? Is it at 12:01 too? Do I get it release date too?
Sometimes it's easier through Apple, sometimes the carrier. I've done both.

Sometimes the Apple Store app is better than apple.com.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ugh I can't preorder because I'm still in the 4.7 vs 5.5 gold vs black confusion.

I need to see them.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73