IPhone 6 Plus Cases Available

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I would add one of the invisible (3M) material back protectors, its clear and will prevent the iP6 and Plus from getting trashed. Its why I put a case on my iPhones in the first place.

That was my point. Putting a "partial case" on the phone would only protect part of the phone. I like the idea of the clear protector between the case and the phone to protect the exposed area. In my case, I’ve already ordered two Spigen cases with the closed backs.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I would add one of the invisible (3M) material back protectors, its clear and will prevent the iP6 and Plus from getting trashed. Its why I put a case on my iPhones in the first place.

Can you provide a link to the 3M protector? I just got the Spigen and think it would be a great idea to get the back protector.

benjitek

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a leather one as well -- really wish it covered the bottom part of the 6+ and am curious as to their reasons for not doing so. The Speck Candyshell Grip has always been my favorite, but would add unwanted thickness to the new jumbo-phone.

The leather ones are nice, but as with the 5/5s Apple leather cases, they use a paper-thin layer of leather. I dropped my 5s on a concrete sidewalk once, and it did protect my device from damage, however, the leather 'shreds' on impact instead of scuffing.

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Spigen makes nice cases. Ever since using LP with my 4 I have been a huge fan. Probably will use a Spigen for the time being until LP gets their 6 out.

scwleung

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Since the NFC band is on the back of the phone across the top and the phone sites inside TPU materrial then the aluminum frame you won't have any issues. Similar to how everyone resolved Antenna Gate on the iPhone 4 by allowing a non-conducting material to cover the antenna's on the sides.

I see. I was under the assumption that the NFC antenna was on the top edge of the phone rather than the back. That would make more sense then.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
i'll probably pick up one of the Apple cases when I pick up mine. Im waiting to see what Mophie and Life Proof come out with.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have OtterBox on my current phone and I love it. But I cannot decide if I want to get an OtterBox or LifeProof for my iPhone 6+. I heard the LifeProof is also very good. Does anyone has any experience to share on LifeProof? How does it stack against OtterBox?

I have used both otter box and life proof (life proof is now owned by otter box) ... I absolutely love the nuud case for my iPhone 5s (life proof) it doesn't add a bunch of bulk and has saved my iPhone from lot's of mishaps.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Lifeproof cases are great, whether it's the n??d or the frē ... I've used both, I currently have a n??d on my 5S after having a frē on my 5 and 5S forever it seems... I wanted to mix it up with the n??d ... I also have the frē on my iPad Air as well... Can't go wrong with Lifeproof even if Otterbox owns them now lol And with that being said, I'll probably go with a Spigen and a Zagg screen protector until the lifeproof cases are released
I have OtterBox on my current phone and I love it. But I cannot decide if I want to get an OtterBox or LifeProof for my iPhone 6+. I heard the LifeProof is also very good. Does anyone has any experience to share on LifeProof? How does it stack against OtterBox?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
At some point I'll get a waterproof case like the LifeProof, but I'll hold off for a while. I have a LifeProof for the 4S and 5, and for the most part liked them. Not sure how the TouchID works with these waterproof cases, but I understand there are cases where you don't lose this capability.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
it has a thin membrane over that covers the home button that allows you to scan you finger for touch id.....works great never had a problem with the nuud scanning my finger print on my 5s

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
it has a thin membrane over that covers the home button that allows you to scan you finger for touch id.....works great never had a problem with the nuud scanning my finger print on my 5s

Thanks. It will definitely be something to consider in the not so distant future. Hopefully, I'll adjust to the size of the plus and the added bulk of a waterproof case won't be enough to turn me off to the idea. This waiting for the phone is killing me...

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I loved my LifeProof for my iPhone 5 and used it for almost two years. But the sound degradation got annoying. Even though calls sounded okay, any noise the phone made was noticeably muffled. Photo quality is better without the LP as well. That being said, I may still consider a LifeProof Nuud for the 6 Plus.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I went to both OtterBox and LifeProof web sites to check. It is interesting to find that LifeProof does not have anything at all for iPhone 6 or 6+. OtterBox has some cases for 6+. But not from the Preserver Series. Knowing that OtterBox owns LifeProof, they might have challenges building waterproof cases for the 6 and 6+?

I don't want to just buy any case. Waterproof is high on my list as I camp out quite a lot. I hope they can figure it out very soon. I don't want my 6+ to go naked for too long.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I went to both OtterBox and LifeProof web sites to check. It is interesting to find that LifeProof does not have anything at all for iPhone 6 or 6+. OtterBox has some cases for 6+. But not from the Preserver Series. Knowing that OtterBox owns LifeProof, they might have challenges building waterproof cases for the 6 and 6+?

I don't want to just buy any case. Waterproof is high on my list as I camp out quite a lot. I hope they can figure it out very soon. I don't want my 6+ to go naked for too long.

Which cases are currently available from Otterbox? All of the choices come up for me as "we'll notify you later".

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
That was my point. Putting a "partial case" on the phone would only protect part of the phone. I like the idea of the clear protector between the case and the phone to protect the exposed area. In my case, I?ve already ordered two Spigen cases with the closed backs.

Here you go, via Amazon.com $2.00 as of right now http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi®-Tech...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2327200

I just ordered them, won't be in stock until the 19th but somehow I suspect I won't be able to get a 6 Plus on the 19th either.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I love Spigen cases. I ordered this today off Amazon.
View attachment 64244

Sent from my LG G3 via The Uncarrier

Stunning case. You have great taste. This is the one I will be ordering very soon.
vytu7u3y.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I see. I was under the assumption that the NFC antenna was on the top edge of the phone rather than the back. That would make more sense then.

I was up really late last night watching the keynote online and noticed the top plastic band is where the NFC Antenna is located which makes sense, could they have done glass again, maybe but maybe not. Perhaps this was the better design for the antenna placement.