How can I decrease the storage used by photos/videos on my iPhone 5s?

Lord Garmadon

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5s and a Macbook Pro. I have an iCloud account that has a storage capacity of 50GB and my phone and lap top are linked to this account. I currently use 16.1GB of this storage capacity for photos and videos with a small amount for documents and mail, giving me 33.82GB free. I take photos exclusively on my iPhone. My problem is that I need to free up storage capacity on my iPhone to keep it running well. My photos and videos currently account for 1.76GB of my phone's storage use. I would like to be able to take photos on my phone and store them in my iCloud account and be able to access them on my laptop but I don't need to be able to access all of them on my phone - really I only need to be able to access the last few weeks worth at most. Is there anything I can do to decrease the storage needed on my phone for photos without actually having to remove photos from my iCloud account? The latter doesn't seem like a good option since I have plenty of iCloud storage capacity and I'd rather not have photos backed up on an external storage device. Can anyone help?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Box and Dropbox for all my photos on iPhone. You can also access them on computer by logging in to the same apps there. That way you can delete them from the camera roll on the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711