Is anyone with an iPhone 5S running iOS 11.0.3 experiencing excessive battery drain?

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi iPhone 5s users.
I installed iOS 11 since released, and since installed I charge the battery 2 or 3 times a day. (my 5s is only 1 year and half old)

I have a friend with iPhone 5s with the same problem.
All of you have this problem?
I know battery drain is always a problem, but this time is more than ever...
Just want to read feedback from other users.

Couver81

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S iOS 11.0.3 battery drain

I noticed battery drain after installing iOS 11.0.1. With the subsequent two updates though my battery rebounded back to basically normal usage. I'm a fairly light user so I only need to charge at end of day but with 11.0.1 I was at about 50% used by end of day. After the other two updates I'm only at about 80% used. 11.0.3 has been the most stable for me.

Have you done the usual restarts after installing the update etc? I find those help stabilize things. But a trip to the Apple store may be worthwhile. Your phone seems too young to be having major battery drain.

chubbs878

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S iOS 11.0.3 battery drain

I can watch the batt percentage drop as I surf the web. I did a search on it and followed the directions for disabling app usage, the GPS, dim background, etc etc. I thought about buying a new batt but I think it's the OS.