iphone 5s admin username and password on setup

liam hilderson

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
I factory reset my iphone 5s for my housemate to use, it was originally a loan phone from my provider but it isn't anymore, I have tried to set it up as I did in the beginning when I first got it but now it asks for an admin username and password, I don't know why but I think it may need the IT personals username and password because my icloud doesn't work, do I jailbreak it or is there another way to get around it apart from buying a brand new motherboard????????

All help is appreciated.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If it's asking for an Apple ID, that is because it is locked to that individual and you'll need the Apple ID information before you can proceed. If it's asking for an admin username and password, that is probably because it is assigned to a company. Possibly through their Device Enrollment Program or maybe managed through some sort of MDM. If that's the case, you'll need that information from their IT department before proceeding. Either way, you'll need to speak with the previous owner of the device or with the IT department from which the device was assigned.