So I'm back as I used to be exclusively apple all the way up to the 6s and swapped over to android. I've tested them all but I've been craving a one handed phone. I have been using the Honor 8 for a while now but today I caved and bought a like new 5s. Someone told me that the battery life on the SE is far superior to the 5s. Anyone here know that to be true for sure? Wondering if I should have just bit the bullet and got a SE? I have bought so many Android devices over the past almost two years that I didn't want to spend much. I got my 5s 32g for $129 so that's not too bad considering it's like new. I should have it Friday. I am pretty excited to use IOS again after almost two years away from it. Does the 5s support Apples latest software update too? Thanks for answering my questions and I have a feeling my android days may now have come to an end doing this lol.
    06-07-2017 09:27 PM
    Yes, it is better. I have had both.

It depends on what you use and/or seeking. The SE not only has a better main camera, it also has Apple Pay and supports Raise to Wake (similar to how Android has ambient display).

The 5s is supported, and will continue to be in iOS 11 as well. The 5s is a solid phone, still though!
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-07-2017 09:35 PM
    Yes, it is better. I have had both.

It depends on what you use and/or seeking. The SE not only has a better main camera, it also has Apple Pay and supports Raise to Wake (similar to how Android has ambient display).

The 5s is supported, and will continue to be in iOS 11 as well. The 5s is a solid phone, still though!
    Thanks! That's interesting because I too have owned both the SE and 5s and I don't remember noticing the battery being that far better. I actually spent way more time with the 5s than I did the SE though so I can see how I missed it. I'm excited to be back as I have a feeling once I experience IOS again like I remember it, my android days could be coming to an end. Lol. Makes me wonder if I should have just gotten an SE now? Well I do know the 5s is rock solid and was one of my all time favorites when I used Apple exclusively.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-07-2017 09:43 PM
    If we are looking purely at specs. The iPhone 5s has a 1,560mAh battery + A7 chip. Whereas the SE has a 1,624mAh battery + A9 chip.

So not only is the battery bigger, but the processor is more power efficient. 😃 You won't get 3+ hours more battery life but definitely an extra hour of use, maybe more.

Is the SE worth it if you have a 5s? I would say Yes. If you plan on keeping the smaller form factor for a while, then you might as well get the best performance right out the gate.
    Dconn1975, libra89 and Tartarus like this.
    06-08-2017 01:36 AM
    If we are looking purely at specs. The iPhone 5s has a 1,560mAh battery + A7 chip. Whereas the SE has a 1,624mAh battery + A9 chip.

So not only is the battery bigger, but the processor is more power efficient. You won't get 3+ hours more battery life but definitely an extra hour of use, maybe more.

Is the SE worth it if you have a 5s? I would say Yes. If you plan on keeping the smaller form factor for a while, then you might as well get the best performance right out the gate.
    I should have gotten the SE then. I did not realize the battery life was better. I knew the performance was though. I'll try and sell my Honor 8 and pick up the SE.
    06-08-2017 03:02 PM
    I should have gotten the SE then. I did not realize the battery life was better. I knew the performance was though. I'll try and sell my Honor 8 and pick up the SE.
    Good luck finding one! I might have one available for you shortly, I just need time to unlock it from the carrier, which I should be able to do successfully tomorrow.
    06-08-2017 03:13 PM
    Good luck finding one! I might have one available for you shortly, I just need time to unlock it from the carrier, which I should be able to do successfully tomorrow.
    How much do you want for it. I need to sell the 5s and my honor 8 to buy it. Do you have boxes and content?
    06-08-2017 04:15 PM
    How much do you want for it. I need to sell the 5s and my honor 8 to buy it. Do you have boxes and content?
    It's barely a month old so I have everything. It's a 32gb space gray one. I'll send you a message here but I will be listing it on the iMore marketplace forum shortly.
    06-08-2017 04:36 PM
    It's barely a month old so I have everything. It's a 32gb space gray one. I'll send you a message here but I will be listing it on the iMore marketplace forum shortly.
    I've got two devices I'll trade you for it. A phone and a tablet. Both upper end and like new. All boxes and content will come with both.
    06-08-2017 05:54 PM
    I've got two devices I'll trade you for it. A phone and a tablet. Both upper end and like new. All boxes and content will come with both.
    Well never mind to the 5s as I ended up finding a new SE for $199 and I traded in my 5s towards the SE. I needed the better performance and battery life. Luckily my cricket store had one brand new device left in stock and I bought it this morning.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-09-2017 02:23 PM
    Definitely better and I use to get great battery Life from my 5s
    libra89 likes this.
    06-09-2017 02:35 PM
    Well never mind to the 5s as I ended up finding a new SE for $199 and I traded in my 5s towards the SE. I needed the better performance and battery life. Luckily my cricket store had one brand new device left in stock and I bought it this morning.
    That one was meant for you! So glad to hear your enjoyment of it so far.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-09-2017 03:22 PM
    That one was meant for you! So glad to hear your enjoyment of it so far.
    Thanks so much! Had to be meant for me as here in Mississippi stores rarely have good stock of anything so she said they received about 10 of them and they all sold pretty fast. I called yesterday and she said they had some but didn't say just one lol. Had I known that I would have had them hold it for me. I called this morning though and she said yep just one so then I said hold that back for me. I'm on my way lol.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-09-2017 07:15 PM