Hello, I religiously use the Notes app for quick note taking and transfer them onto an online doc/book when I have the time. I set my phone down after using Notes and worked on my laptop, and picked it up again to see 0 iCloud Notes and 4 deleted notes - the 10 or so on my 5S weren't there, but the Note I deleted two hours prior was. I've restarted my phone once but no change.

I have a 5S running on iOS 9.3.5 (I can't update because of a storage issue). I have 0 storage available which I believe is a glitch, because I deleted an app yesterday and the storage amount briefly changed before I saw 0 bytes again after a refresh.

No emails are connected to my phone other than my iCloud and Notes backup is on. I have plenty of iCloud space too. I had a mix of iCloud and "On My iPhone" notes but all of them are gone. Does my 5S really go for my Notes first when it senses I have 0 storage left? I've had 0 for a while anyway. I really want to understand why this happens, and if it's possible to retrieve them in any way. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I should also mention that I don't backup my info on iTunes, only manually to my laptop, so this has nothing to do with a recent iTunes backup or anything. I have recently switched to a new iCloud account, but these notes were made on that account or on my 5S, I don't think that would affect my disappearing note problem.
    05-12-2017 04:17 PM
    Your notes sync with iCloud if it's iCloud Notes. They don't back up to iCloud as photos would. Did you try going to settings > iCloud > Notes> Toggle Notes off> then toggle back on?
    05-12-2017 04:38 PM