Hi all

I have a 5S , which I recieved 3 Years ago on my birthday

It works fine , but has developed some annoying issues which I wonder if anyone can help me with . It is a Silver 16GB , on the 3 Network , has been used caseless but is in spotless condition , no cracks or scratches anywhere

Battery : It only charges to 50-60 % of total battery capacity . Am not sure why this is happeneing

Also shuts down unexpectedly with plenty of charge left , turns back on after 2 min + hard reset

Screen : I believe there is some sort of ghosting issue , it keeps picking up touches to the screen that I have not made , sometimes in entirely different areas of the screen

Sticking with the screen , there is a red dot omnipresent whenever I am using the phone . A friend told me that it was a dead pixel , but I am not sure what this means and how severe it is

Also TouchID does not work properly any more . It recognises my fingerprints less than half of the time , despite repeated deleting and re registering

I wonder if anyone can help with this myriad of issues ?

Any answers would be appreciated

Thanks
    04-28-2017 04:58 PM
    First off, a restore would not hurt.
    Regarding the battery, it's at the end of his life. It's dying. A trip to the Apple Store and a payment of $89 will solve that issue. While you're there, you can always ask them about the other issues you're having. It shouldn't act up like it does now.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    04-28-2017 05:41 PM
    Yep, the battery is on it's final leg. It may even be the cause of other issues.
    04-29-2017 11:45 AM
    Ah thanks

I checked the battery cycle with CoconutBattery , and it comes up as 1200 charges . Im guessing that definitely means end of life

Also , would the charges for battery replacement be different in the UK ? as in more expensive or cheaper . Im guessing more expensive
    04-29-2017 05:20 PM
    Ah thanks

I checked the battery cycle with CoconutBattery , and it comes up as 1200 charges . Im guessing that definitely means end of life

Also , would the charges for battery replacement be different in the UK ? as in more expensive or cheaper . Im guessing more expensive
    That's what my old iPhone 5 has. And since yesterday morning, I haven't been able to boot it up. All I get is the battery icon on the screen. I need a new battery too. I don't use it much though. Mostly for back up. I have no idea about battery costs on the UK. If there's a reputable repair shop, it would be less than the Apple Store.
    04-29-2017 05:54 PM
    Ah thanks

Well, in the US it's $89 and in the Netherlands is €89. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say in the U.K. it will be £89.
    04-29-2017 08:29 PM
    OK kl thanks
    04-30-2017 04:05 AM
    OK kl thanks
    The battery cost at Apple here in the US is $79. If I have to send it to them, then they charge an additional $6.95 for shipping. Probably not much different in the UK. But for an older phone, I would find a reputable repair shop. The one here charges $25 for the battery and $25 for putting it in. $50 total.
    04-30-2017 05:45 AM
    Brilliant , I'll have a look

Thanks for your help
    05-03-2017 12:17 PM
    You have been able to get a lot of life out of it. Maybe it is time to bite the bullet and get a new phone .
    05-11-2017 12:58 AM
    Yh , Ive decided reluctantly that is time to go

But Im going to wait till Black Friday for a good deal . Im probably getting an XZ Premium , or Pixel 2 next
    05-16-2017 01:35 PM