Wiping my iPhone 5S? Help?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 5S, I have a lot of things on it and not a lot of room, so should I wipe it all? There's a few things I want to keep but I don't know how to, so, please tell me how to wipe it?
And should I? Good for a new start, right?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! What "things" do you want to keep? Photos can be stored in iCloud, apps can always ben re-downloaded. Please elaborate so we can advise you on how to back things up before you erase everything.

As far as wiping your device, you can do so by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

annyoung8790

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
It depends what you want to delete and what you want to keep. Is it apps? Is it photos? Music? If you don't want a lot of apps, hold down on one until they wiggle, then press the red x button on the top left corner of the app to delete it. If it's music, configure that in iTunes. Plug it into iTunes, go to your iPhone, and then music. If it's photos, go the your camera roll (not your folders below your camera roll, it won't delete the pictures, just remove them from the folder, but you won't gain any space) press select, tap the one you want to delete, and tap the trash can icon/delete button. If you have a lot of that so called "other" category, take a look at this tutorial about wiping iPhone data. It provides 4 methods.

luckamadison

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
It depends what you want to delete and what you want to keep. Is it apps? Is it photos? Music? If you don't want a lot of apps, hold down on one until they wiggle, then press the red x button on the top left corner of the app to delete it. If it's music, configure that in iTunes. Plug it into iTunes, go to your iPhone, and then music. If it's photos, go the your camera roll (not your folders below your camera roll, it won't delete the pictures, just remove them from the folder, but you won't gain any space) press select, tap the one you want to delete, and tap the trash can icon/delete button. If you have a lot of that so called "other" category, take a look at this tutorial about wiping iPhone data. It provides 4 methods.
I am fairly new to the finer workings of computers though I've been a computer user quite a while now. But I want to make sure that my personal info is safe, so the tutorial your recommended is also useful to me. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73