Call problem with iPhone 5s, why can't people hear me?

I

iMore Question

Call problem with iPhone 5s

When I make a call with my iPhone 5s I can hear the person I'm calling but they can't hear me but when I tap the "speaker" they can hear me.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Call problem with iPhone 5s

Have you tried restarting the phone? I would try a hard reset to restart it, that is hold the home button and power buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears, then let go. This will cause the phone to reboot, like a computer does when you (control, alt, delete). Also have you tried giving it a few seconds for your voice to pick up? Sometimes with VoIP, that is WiFi calling that some carriers use some times, there is a SLIGHT delay before the other caller can hear you, usually it's less than a second, BUT sometimes it can be a second or 2 in unusual cases. Finally perhaps there is an issue with your mic, and an Apple diagnostic is in order. To schedule one go to this web site.....

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair

raye909

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem almost.. except it's the exact opposite! When I'm on a call they can hear me but when I put the put the speaker on then they cant hear me at all but I switch it back to the regular call mode and they can hear me, I don't know why that happens! I just had my phone exchanged for a new one cuz I had issues with the other one and now this new one has issues as well and it hasn't even been a full week since I received the new one wth?! Honestly I'm beginning to think the iPhone 5s is a dud >_>

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal