so my 5 got 2 water damages, 1 : my phone fell to the beach ocean(the beach ocean have salt right?) the screen was so glitched but it was saved bcs i put on the rice for 1 week. (3Week later) my phone got water damage again, this time a drinking water, for so long until the screen only black and it was white and so glitchy but no showing the menu or somethin, i put on the rice for only 14 hours and the screen wont turn on (at all) i tried the power button and the home button together but i was not working, so i want to ask, if i put my phone on the rice again for 6-7 days will it cured?? or it will be dead. like, seriously dead... pls answer fast
    07-04-2016 06:08 AM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore!

I can not give you a definite answer, but can only conclude that it is permanently damaged. If not it would only be a matter of time. I would consider getting a new phone.
    Welcome to iMore!

I can not give you a definite answer, but can only conclude that it is permanently damaged. If not it would only be a matter of time. I would consider getting a new phone.
    Spencerdl and Tartarus like this.
    07-04-2016 06:30 AM
    As you dropped it in salt water it is only a matter of time before it starts coercing the boards inside. I would think about replacing, for sure.
    07-04-2016 06:53 PM