My weather app disappeared on my iPhone 5s when I updated iOS. How do I get it back?

I

iMore Question

My weather app disappeared on my iphone 5s when I updated IOS.

It was the app on the phone when purchased

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: My weather app disappeared on my iphone 5s when I updated IOS.

Have you looked on all screens or all folders?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: My weather app disappeared on my iphone 5s when I updated IOS.

1. Do a Soft Reset

Press the Sleep/Power and Home button simultaneously and hold them till the screen goes blank.

Now, let go of the buttons and then press the Sleep/Power button alone to reboot the iPhone.

This is a soft reset. Hopefully, this should fix the missing or disappearing home screen icons.

While this method fixes the missing or disappearing apps, sometimes, a soft reboot isn’t enough. For instance, in a few cases, not only are downloaded apps missing, they don’t even open even when you open them via App Store (post-installation).

Now that’s a graver issue. That calls for plan B.

2. Reboot Completely

Plan B is nothing huge. Instead of a soft reset, you turn off the iPhone completely. When you turn off the iPhone, you basically let it reset its bearings and clear the cache and stuff. So hold the Power button till the slider shows up, slide to power off and then restart the iPhone.

Missing icons after an upgrade could also be an issue with incomplete or stuttered update. If you find that your iPhone is freezing very often right in the middle of a process, throwing up errors or strange behavior besides missing icons, you might want to do a complete restore (after backing up the data via iCloud or iTunes). Make sure you don’t do an OTA this time; connect to the computer and restore via iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox