So, my friend wanted to replace his iPhone 5c with a newer iPhone 5s, and ordered it from Boost's website. Unfortunately, it seemed like his order never arrived at his workplace, so he reported it as stolen to Boost, and they sent him a refund. His work paid for a second iPhone 5s since they lost the original iPhone 5s. Later they found the original order, and my friend now has two iPhone 5s.

Is it possible to activate the first iPhone 5s after my friend received his refund? If not, can I switch SIM card from the iPhone 5c to the iPhone 5s since the 5c was never reported stolen?
    05-12-2016 08:28 PM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

So, my friend wanted to replace his iPhone 5c with a newer iPhone 5s, and ordered it from Boost's website. Unfortunately, it seemed like his order never arrived at his workplace, so he reported it as stolen to Boost, and they sent him a refund. His work paid for a second iPhone 5s since they lost the original iPhone 5s. Later they found the original order, and my friend now has two iPhone 5s.

Is it possible to activate the first iPhone 5s after my friend received his refund? If not, can I switch SIM card from the iPhone 5c to the iPhone 5s since the 5c was never reported stolen?
    Welcome to iMore!

If the first 5s shipped was reported stolen, it has most likely been blacklisted and is now unusable. It will not allow you to activate it. You can not switch the card from your friends 5c to the 5s either. The first 5s is nothing more than a paperweight. Once a phone is blacklisted it will not matter what you do, it is unusable as it is blacklisted by the IMEI on that phone. No way around it.

Welcome to iMore!

If the first 5s shipped was reported stolen, it has most likely been blacklisted and is now unusable. It will not allow you to activate it. You can not switch the card from your friends 5c to the 5s either. The first 5s is nothing more than a paperweight. Once a phone is blacklisted it will not matter what you do, it is unusable as it is blacklisted by the IMEI on that phone. No way around it.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-12-2016 11:45 PM
    Yep, your best bet is for your friend to find a way to send that first one back to Boost or Apple, whatever one applies.
    firedept10 likes this.
    05-13-2016 08:56 AM