Replace iPhone 5s logical board with any cell service provider?

I

iMore Question

Replace iPhone 5s logical board with any cell service provider

Good evening/day, regarding where you live.

Recently I bought an used iPhone 5s at one of my countrys' web shops.Unfortunately, it was iCloud locked.

The seller didn't play it cool. He is not answering my calls, nor my messages. Now I am just standing here, infront of my new paperweight device.

Doing some research, I found I could replace the phones' logic board for one of an already used iPhone 5s that had the same storage as mine. Is this correct?

Looking forward to buying one, I came across too many obstacles, as which the carrier lock that the logic board may have and many other problems that I would like to know if someone can tell me here.

What should I know about the logic board to actually make my phone fully functional?
I really want to know with certainty how to correctly replace my logical board and actually make this iPhone work.
Every answer is welcome.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Replace iPhone 5s logical board with any cell service provider

Welcome to iMore! I'm sorry you're in a tough situation but we do not condone or support bypassing activation locks. I can only recommend continuing to reach out to the seller. Best of luck.

elgiov

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Replace iPhone 5s logical board with any cell service provider

I am glad you answered so quickly. I am really looking for an iPhone forum that could actually help me with this issue. Do you have any forum to recommend me where I can post my situation and get some help?
Thank you very much,
Giovanni

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I am glad you answered so quickly. I am really looking for an iPhone forum that could actually help me with this issue. Do you have any forum to recommend me where I can post my situation and get some help?
Thank you very much,
Giovanni

The link below will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to replace a logic board.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5+Logic+Board+Replacement/10700

elgiov

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

I know how to replace it, thanks for the link anyways. It's just that I live in Uruguay, and this logic boards come "locked" to certain cell provider, such as AT&T, Verizon, etc. Those companies do not exist in my country, and I was wondering if there is a way to, after the instalation, get ir of that "lock".
Any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know how to replace it, thanks for the link anyways. It's just that I live in Uruguay, and this logic boards come "locked" to certain cell provider, such as AT&T, Verizon, etc. Those companies do not exist in my country, and I was wondering if there is a way to, after the instalation, get ir of that "lock".
No
Any suggestions?
Make preparations to buy another iPhone, but this time buy it from an Apple Store, your wireless carrier or a reputable electronics store authorized to sell genuine Apple products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner