iPhone 5S doesn't charge (sometimes)

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My wife's 5S (quite new, bought last september) in the last 2 months is having an issue. Not so often, just sometimes, but it just refuse to charge when connected to the charger. I tried several chargers (all Apple's original chargers) with no luck.
If I switch it off and reconnect it to the charger, it charges normally....

Any advices ?
It still is under AppleCare (2 years in Europe) so the idea is to have it checked by Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My youngest son just went through this a few days ago with his iPhone 5S. He switched chargers after a couple of days and voila! It began charging normally. This is the only time it has happened, and hopefully, it'll never happen again. Why it happened in the first place, I do not know, unfortunately.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My youngest son just went through this a few days ago with his iPhone 5S. He switched chargers after a couple of days and voila! It began charging normally. This is the only time it has happened, and hopefully, it'll never happen again. Why it happened in the first place, I do not know, unfortunately.
It happened twice at my wife in the last two months. And in her case, switching chargers didn't work (I have 4 chargers at home: two iPhones and two iPads).
Just rebooting the iPhone is the solution :confused:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It was my first guess... But it seems to be clean.

I don't know, I'm considering the opinion to fix an appointment at the Genius Bar

My friend thought his was clean too. Then apple tech pulled out enough to make a pillow. Now it works fine.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
An appointment to genius bar might be your best option if its still under AppleCare.
Yep. AppleCare is 2 years in Italy.
My friend thought his was clean too. Then apple tech pulled out enough to make a pillow. Now it works fine.
It wouldn't explain why it works after the reboot...
Next time it will happen, I'll fix an appointment at the Genius Bar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2