I am thinking of buying I Phone 5s 32gb. Can anyone please tell me if & how does manufacturing date of I Phone matter. For eg. If today I buy I Phone 5s which has manufacturing date of march 2015, should I be worried?
    03-28-2016 11:31 AM
    Manufacturing date doesn't matter. If you're purchasing it from Apple or an authorized retailer, you'll have a year warranty from the purchase dat but j still advise getting Apple Care for things like cracked screen or issues that may arise from dropping it or water damage. If you're getting it from a private seller then the year warranty runs out on the anniversary of the date they bought it from Apple or the authorized retailer. Check to see if the purchased Apple care because it does follow the device.
    03-28-2016 11:37 AM
    The manufacturing date doesn't mean much to the consumer. It can in the case of a recall or some similar situation. Like the iPhone 5 battery issue. They fixed those that were manufactured during a specific time. My 5 missed out because it was made at a later date. It was actually one of the last.
    03-28-2016 12:10 PM
    I am thinking of buying I Phone 5s 32gb. Can anyone please tell me if & how does manufacturing date of I Phone matter. For eg. If today I buy I Phone 5s which has manufacturing date of march 2015, should I be worried?
    Do you mean a new one or second handed? If second handed, the newer the better.

If brand new, well, it basically depends on the store. If manufacturing date is very old, it could be an unsold unit kept on the shelf for too much time.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-02-2016 08:42 AM
    If you're buying it from Apple or an authorized retailer the manufacture date doesn't matter.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-10-2016 01:15 PM