Hi. I am an avid user of everything windows and I like apple products. However, I have not been able to buy one due to its high cost. Now, an iPhone 5s is available for as low as $300 in India. I use a Lumia 730 and I want to switch to another lagfree OS like iOS. Would it be a wise decision to go with iPhone 5s, given that it is a 2013 product? I am okay with a 4-inch smartphone.
    03-18-2016 02:22 AM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

Hi. I am an avid user of everything windows and I like apple products. However, I have not been able to buy one due to its high cost. Now, an iPhone 5s is available for as low as $300 in India. I use a Lumia 730 and I want to switch to another lagfree OS like iOS. Would it be a wise decision to go with iPhone 5s, given that it is a 2013 product? I am okay with a 4-inch smartphone.
    Welcome to iMore!

A 5s is still a formidable phone. Both my sons have the 5s and love them. They will be a good phone for another couple of years. They are a solid device that Apple will support for a few years to come. My boys use theirs on a daily basis without any issue. And they are heavy users. I say go for it and enjoy the IOS.
    The 5s is still a solid choice. It's a great phone, and I recently got one myself, so I'm not just saying this to say it. Apple still supports the 5s, and imo, it's faster on iOS 9. It would be a great choice for the cost. Improved cameras started with the 5s, along with the 64-bit architecture in chips now.

I also switched from Windows Phone/Mobile to iOS (eventually). You can still use outlook and onedrive if you desire to.
    03-18-2016 10:00 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

A 5s is still a formidable phone. Both my sons have the 5s and love them. They will be a good phone for another couple of years. They are a solid device that Apple will support for a few years to come. My boys use theirs on a daily basis without any issue. And they are heavy users. I say go for it and enjoy the IOS.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-18-2016 10:10 AM
    I switched from Windows Mobile to iPhone over a year ago and I haven't looked back. Like you, I was/still am deep into the Microsoft ecosystem and I haven't missed a step on iOS. In fact, many of the apps are much better on iOS than they are on Windows Mobile. The 5s is still a viable option and will continue to be for the next 1 - 2 years at least. Come over and feel all the angst and frustration of being a WP user melt away...
    libra89 likes this.
    03-21-2016 05:00 PM