iPhone 5s went to charge the phone and now nothing but a Black screen

nickdaman

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
So my stock iphone with 9.3 beta 6 was at 40% so I went to charge it so the phone turned on and had the white screen with the white apple logo but now I get nothing but the black screen even with holding power and the home key.

If I hook it up to iTunes I get the pop up that says iTunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore the iphone before it can be used with itunes. So I click okay then click restore iphone.

Then it launches the are you sure you want to restore the iphone to its factory settings all will be erased. So I click restore and update. It extracts the software to do the install then once it gets to waiting for iphone I hear clicks back and fourth with communicating with the iphone and the computer.

I get one hardware click in windows and the iphone screen goes to the apple logo then I get another click then I get another click like its disconnected now from the iphone with the white apple logo present and it just sits there and doesn't go any further with itunes saying waiting for iphone? It will sit there for 15 minutes then I get the Itunes error (4005) iPhone can not be restored an unknown error occurred.

Any ideas would be appreciated to try.

Thank You,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Login to iCloud via a web browser and then try to remotely wipe the device.

nickdaman

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Watched it a little closer on itunes restore and it goes from waiting for iphone click.. Then preparing to restore then a real quick click to waiting for iphone.. That it stays on.

nickdaman

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
So a update:

Had to open the phone up take the screen off and detach the cable to the battery. Re attached the battery and fired the phone up attached to the computer it loaded up just fine and itunes didn't have a problem finding all the specs on the device. Once I attached the screen and fired it up it came up it in itunes as in recover mode.

So went through the restore phase and the devices tried restarting with the white screen and apple logo then got the load bar it went back and fourth 6 times with this along with the blue screen showing up and rebooting. It eventually loaded software and loaded the firmware for 9.2.1 and setup as a new iphone and it seems to be working fine now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So a update:

Had to open the phone up take the screen off and detach the cable to the battery. Re attached the battery and fired the phone up attached to the computer it loaded up just fine and itunes didn't have a problem finding all the specs on the device. Once I attached the screen and fired it up it came up it in itunes as in recover mode.

So went through the restore phase and the devices tried restarting with the white screen and apple logo then got the load bar it went back and fourth 6 times with this along with the blue screen showing up and rebooting. It eventually loaded software and loaded the firmware for 9.2.1 and setup as a new iphone and it seems to be working fine now.

Great, and thank you for the update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2