Text Tones

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
My latest hairbrained scheme is to try to get my very loud, two toned text alert off my old Z10 and onto my iPhone 5s. Why, I hear you ask...or maybe not as not many will be interested in the ramblings of an old grumpy one :D

I like to be able to hear when messages come in, when I'm in a different place to my phone, which invariably I am as I wander aimlessly around the house looking for mischief, or go outside to torment the neighbour.

And I need my email tone/alert too. "YOU'VE GOT MAIL". If you consider that I'm old enough to have used AOL dial-up internet, which at the time was an absolute a must have, the sadness of me needing such a tone becomes apparent as I cling onto the past.

And so, I shall spend the rest of the day trying to Bluetooth, trying to share a file, trying to find the same tone on the internet, and in a bizarre act of final desperation texting and emailing myself to record the tones. :D :rotfl:

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone volume has it's limits. Even if you get your loud tone on the iPhone, it likely won't sound as loud as it did on the Z10.

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone volume has it's limits. Even if you get your loud tone on the iPhone, it likely won't sound as loud as it did on the Z10.

I think you might be right there. Although the text tone is quite a piercing sound it will be governed by the iPhone volume. I did look in the App Store and found the email tone that I'd like, so that's going to be the easy one :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2