As my previous phone was virtually all swipe controlled, I have found it a learning curve to go back to having a home button. That was until I went onto You Tube watching 5s videos. In my defence here I was bored, OK? ...

But to my amazement I found swipe gestures on the 5s. Swipe back to main settings from a category. Swipe back to emails from an open email. Swipe over the notification screen. No doubt there are more swipes to find.

The moral of this story is, go on the Internet browsing, finding tips and tricks, because it's amazing what is hidden even in a little 5s...
    libra89 and Couver81 like this.
    02-26-2016 06:44 AM
    I'm glad you're enjoying your new iPhone 5s.
    afl2277 likes this.
    02-26-2016 07:18 AM
    Can you share the link to the video. It might help other users as well.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-26-2016 10:16 AM
    I've been using iPhones since my iPhone 4 and I still find hidden shortcuts and tricks here and there. Enjoy!
    afl2277 likes this.
    02-26-2016 10:41 AM
    Can you share the link to the video. It might help other users as well.
    Agreed, yes please!
    02-26-2016 10:46 AM
    I am in the same boat. I recently got a 5s after being a BlackBerry 10 user for the past few years. It was a shock to go from the gesture based interface of BB10 to iOS. Until I started finding out gestures are a thing on iOS to. The tutorial guides on iMore helped a lot with that but I stumbled on some by accident myself Anyway it's been fun finding out all these hidden little things.
    libra89 and afl2277 like this.
    02-26-2016 11:50 AM
    Agreed, yes please!
    There are a few 5s videos on YouTube, most with interesting snippets....and I can't remember which one the swipes were on.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-27-2016 12:31 PM
    As my previous phone was virtually all swipe controlled, I have found it a learning curve to go back to having a home button. That was until I went onto You Tube watching 5s videos. In my defence here I was bored, OK? ...

But to my amazement I found swipe gestures on the 5s. Swipe back to main settings from a category. Swipe back to emails from an open email. Swipe over the notification screen. No doubt there are more swipes to find.

The moral of this story is, go on the Internet browsing, finding tips and tricks, because it's amazing what is hidden even in a little 5s...
    Ex BlackBerry 10 user I take it? iOS is as close as you're going to get to it navigation wise, unless you go for Jolla. Most properly designed apps can at least use the back swipe gesture.
    afl2277 likes this.
    02-28-2016 01:13 AM
    I am in the same boat. I recently got a 5s after being a BlackBerry 10 user for the past few years. It was a shock to go from the gesture based interface of BB10 to iOS. Until I started finding out gestures are a thing on iOS to. The tutorial guides on iMore helped a lot with that but I stumbled on some by accident myself Anyway it's been fun finding out all these hidden little things.
    It takes some getting used to. Email is not as good as BB but Ive learned to deal with it. Only 2 things I miss are the LED notification and the Hub. we cant all be perfect. LOL
    afl2277 and dejanh like this.
    02-28-2016 02:10 AM
    I don't miss the hub. A bit OCD, everything has to be tidy and the hub wasn't tidy. All that went in there were BBM, email and texts. But I have to say I do prefer my 5s. It's the perfect size and just does what I need it to do, easily and simply. Im so glad I finally decided to get it ):
    libra89 likes this.
    02-28-2016 04:53 AM
    It takes some getting used to. Email is not as good as BB but Ive learned to deal with it. Only 2 things I miss are the LED notification and the Hub. we cant all be perfect. LOL
    Yes to the bit about Email! That has been the hardest adjustment. The Gmail app helped. I really don't enjoy the native mail app. And I miss the LED too. That thing was addictive.

But overall I am enjoying the iOS experience. It has the simplicity I was looking for coming from BB10. Android was just too busy for me.
    libra89 and dejanh like this.
    02-28-2016 04:34 PM
    iPhone 6s with 3D Touch introduces even more gestures. You can now access the app carousel without using the home button, and can swipe to switch between two most recently used apps. If I have two things to gripe about with iOS it is the lack of ability to specify a default app, at least for email and browser, and the weak email client.

Android is a hodgepodge of crap. I have a Note 5 too, great device, too bad it's running Android, and even worse, Samsung TouchWiz Android.
    02-29-2016 02:19 AM