Dead iPhone 5s, charging port or board?

Slammed925

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Had a battery replaced and it didn't help my fast drain. Ran down to 0% last night due to we only had 1 charger that worked for our 5s since we have 2.

Tried charging this am for 3 hours then hooked up to belkin and anker charger with no response. Home/power nothing, also tried recovery to iTunes and silent switch.

How common are charging ports or boards to go out? Battery prior had 691 charges so shop replaced due to fast drain/slow charge and that one had 250 cycles with 1500 capacity.

Will Apple diagnose ports/boards in store? We have a old 5 on iOS 8.2 that I can use any of the above chargers on without issue and both 5s ports have been cleaned and fianc?es has the same symptoms of fast drain/slow charge.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
With normal use data ports and boards are designed to be used for several years. Batteries are more likely to go bad first.
No liquid damage? Do the phones run hot? that may indicate software issue.
What i would do is put the phone in DFU mode, put the newest software on it but dont restore from back up. Use it for a day like a new phone. See how well it works. If it works well then you have an app thats killing the battery.
If it drains fast with nothing loaded on it then it could be a board issue.
Also weak signal will drain a battery faster. Since both phones are under the same roof thats another possibility.
I know over night my phone looses only a few percent. Nothing significant.

Slammed925

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Yea, my iPhone was great with same carrier and sim which I'm currently using.

Since phone won't boot l, talked to Apple. Bringing wifeys phone to them to look at but other phones previous owner switched the dead phones face so it's space gray with white face. May have local repair take a look at that one for $35 diagnostic fee.

Phone did get hot occasionally but it's when it was restoring, can't do dfu on that as I won't turn on.

Wondering if our baby chewed on them and got drool in the port hmmm

Slammed925

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Had someone come over from icracked, tried switching port and battery with no luck on getting charge. Keep my 5 until good deal on 5s 32!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner