When I delete an email , I get the message... "unable to move message".The message could not be moved to the mailbox trash.
    02-02-2016 11:55 AM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore! Please test after each step.

1.Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Your Account > Mail > Turn Mail off and then, wait a few seconds, back on.

2.You may try deleting the email account from your iPhone or iPad. Just tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Your Account > and tap Delete Account. Then re-add your account by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

3.Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Your Account > Account > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox and set this to trash then tap Advanced > Account > Done.

4.Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Your Account > Account > Advanced > IMAP Path Prefix, then enter Inbox; when you done, tap Account > Done.

6.Open your Mail app on your iOS device, then tap Index > Edit > find the email messages that you cant move/delete and then select them > tap Mark and Mark as Read (or Unread).
    Welcome to iMore! Please test after each step.

1.Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Your Account > Mail > Turn Mail off and then, wait a few seconds, back on.

2.You may try deleting the email account from your iPhone or iPad. Just tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Your Account > and tap Delete Account. Then re-add your account by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

3.Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Your Account > Account > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox and set this to trash then tap Advanced > Account > Done.

4.Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Your Account > Account > Advanced > IMAP Path Prefix, then enter Inbox; when you done, tap Account > Done.

6.Open your Mail app on your iOS device, then tap Index > Edit > find the email messages that you cant move/delete and then select them > tap Mark and Mark as Read (or Unread).
    02-02-2016 01:26 PM