Medical ID won't let me add the contact I want for emergency

bluegreen1965

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I am running 9.2.1 (did not try setting up Medical ID before that). When I try to add my spouse for an emergency contact, her name, along with some others in Contacts, are greyed out. Does anyone have an idea of why?? I tried setting up a separate contact named ICE along with her cell, but now our text thread shows that instead of her name which is annoying. Why are some contacts greyed out and others not? Thanks for any help out there!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
First I've heard of this.
I went in and added 3 contacts.
If there is no phone number for the contact, it's grayed in. Add phone numbers to your contacts.

bluegreen1965

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Haha, that's funny. The contact that I need to add to MedID has 3 phone #s and 3 emails already, so that's not the case. Any other ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you except to restore your iPhone and set it up as new. The only time I've had problems with the medical ID feature is with iOS 9.3 beta 1, but it has since been fixed with beta 2.

BobG186

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
If the contact has only one phone number it seems to work; more than one number the emergency contact fails. I just duplicated the contact but with only one phone number and was able to transfer it to Medical ID with no problem. It was frustrating to figure this out.

chiefsub68

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
Here's the secret. In Medical ID, choose the contact. Go into their details and *double tap* on the phone number to use in an emergency. There is then an option to state their relationship to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711