I Bought LCD/digitizer and replaced screen on friends phone. Her glass right by top was shattered had tape on it to hold glass from cutting and keep it close to phone Digitizer cable nice and tight connection. Is the phone repairable? Ok here it goes A friend brought over his sisters phone and Dig/lcd So I can install it. removed broken lcd/digi and installed new one. put phone together and tried it ( actually all connected except home button, Phone was not all closed up ) turned on saw apple and then on showing where you are to swipe across to enter password. Would not work (Digitizer). Part came from E-bay I removed lcd/digi.and after a couple of day`s I decided to try her original one used packing tape to keep glass together. It worked!! I turned it off to hook up home button and cable. closed phone up. Turned it back on apple, then swipe for password, I swiped and #`s came around. I did not know password., Contacted friend and told him it works . He would be by later . Turned it off again a little later I turned it back on this time digi did not work. He informed me that phone will not work but later will for Digi. Phone has most of impact on top right where cables connect to logic board.
    Last edited by Starlight357; 02-03-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: explain better
    01-29-2016 10:20 PM
    Didn't you already repair it? Did your repair not work? Please clarify.
    If you know what you're doing and buy good parts then yes, you can replace an LCD/digitizer on a 5s and it should work.
    01-30-2016 06:28 AM
    I'd take it and let a repair guy look at it. We can't tell if it's repairable or not!
    01-30-2016 07:49 AM
    Its always possible the replacement screen you got was defective. one possibility. Another is you may have damaged the board or the connectors. Many possibilities.
    02-02-2016 05:00 PM
    I will explain better I hope. A friend brought over his sisters phone and asked me to put on Lcd/Digitizer he had in his hand with phone also. We went upstairs where I have my phone tools. Disassembled and placed new Lcd/Digi on phone turned on (home button not connected ) apple appears and then phone came up. could not slide over for password, Digitizer not working. I used original LCD/DIGI and It worked with packing tape to keep glass together I turned off phone by swipping off Than was able to finish home button and cable. Turned on and you can swipe it till you get password. I did not know it. Turned it off and on a few times all ok except last time digitizer not working.Called friend up and he told me the phone sometimes works and other times does not. I suspect Where most of the damage is at the top of phone on right side where Your connections are there is damage to phone .
    02-03-2016 08:29 PM
    Its always possible the replacement screen you got was defective. one possibility. Another is you may have damaged the board or the connectors. Many possibilities.
    I have good reputation on working on phones I use grounding Mat and quality tools.
    02-03-2016 10:09 PM
    Even the best of techs can make mistakes.
    But since your so certain you did nothing wrong and yet there is a problem then it must be a bad part.
    Any good tech would have done that.
    02-04-2016 09:27 AM