1. Kertets's Avatar
    Hi, I have an iphone 5s ios 8.1 (jailbroken) and was wondering if anyone could help me find a way to remove facebook from the settings app menu.
    It's purely for looks and I'm not worried about not being able to re-install them.
    I have removed the facebook bundle using ifunbox, but I can't find how to remove it from settings.
    Thanks for your help.
    01-24-2016 04:34 AM
  2. kch50428's Avatar
    You can't. Develop the fortitude to ignore it.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    01-24-2016 11:43 AM
  3. Kertets's Avatar
    You can't. Develop the fortitude to ignore it.
    Just did it, but thanks for your help anyway.

    Before
    Removing Facebook,Twitter,etc from settings menu?-img_1354.jpg

    After
    Removing Facebook,Twitter,etc from settings menu?-img_1357.png
    Last edited by Kertets; 01-24-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    01-24-2016 02:49 PM
  4. Ledsteplin's Avatar
    Just did it, but thanks for your help anyway.

    Before
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	101451

    After
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1357.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	101452
    So when the time comes to upgrade your phone, will you be able to add those back? The next user might need them.
    01-24-2016 03:39 PM
  5. SwitchBeach's Avatar
    Hi, I have an iphone 5s ios 8.1 (jailbroken) and was wondering if anyone could help me find a way to remove facebook from the settings app menu.
    It's purely for looks and I'm not worried about not being able to re-install them.
    I have removed the facebook bundle using ifunbox, but I can't find how to remove it from settings.
    Thanks for your help.
    "For looks"? How often do you "look" at that part of the Settings?
    01-24-2016 04:11 PM
  6. Kertets's Avatar
    So when the time comes to upgrade your phone, will you be able to add those back? The next user might need them.
    I made a backup of the string before I removed it so it shouldn't be a problem.
    I don't really change phones so often, the last one I had was a Sony Ericsson which lost it's buttons over the years.
    Last edited by Kertets; 01-24-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    01-24-2016 04:12 PM
  7. Kertets's Avatar
    "For looks"? How often do you "look" at that part of the Settings?
    Everytime I scroll down it to try out a new tweak.
    Last edited by Kertets; 01-24-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    01-24-2016 04:14 PM
  8. Just_Me_D's Avatar
    I made a backup of the string before I removed it so it shouldn't be a problem.
    I don't really change phones so often, the last one I had was a Sony Ericsson which lost it's buttons over the years.
    Everytime I scroll down it to try out a new tweak.
    Please use the quote option when replying so that readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks.
    01-24-2016 04:24 PM
  9. Kertets's Avatar
    Please use the quote option when replying so that readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks.
    Ok.
    01-24-2016 04:31 PM
  10. Ledsteplin's Avatar
    You're the only person I've ever known to remove those from Settings! Lol
    01-24-2016 07:01 PM
  11. Kertets's Avatar
    You're the only person I've ever known to remove those from Settings! Lol
    When I googled it there were a bunch of people trying to do it but couldn't get any help, so I had to read through the strings to find it.
    It was kind of interesting figuring it out.
    01-24-2016 11:38 PM
  12. Highrisedrifter's Avatar
    Just did it, but thanks for your help anyway.
    Ah, you should have mentioned you were jailbroken. It's a whole other ballpark.

    KCH was right in that there is no way you can do this with a stock phone and seeing as 99% of people who come here aren't jailbroken and the other 1% usually mention it, he was right in his response.

    Anyway, glad you got it done though.
    01-25-2016 10:40 AM
  13. Sherry_B's Avatar
    Hi, I have an iphone 5s ios 8.1 (jailbroken)
    Ah, you should have mentioned you were jailbroken.
    I missed it the first time, too.
    01-25-2016 12:45 PM
  14. Kertets's Avatar
    Ah, you should have mentioned you were jailbroken. It's a whole other ballpark.

    KCH was right in that there is no way you can do this with a stock phone and seeing as 99% of people who come here aren't jailbroken and the other 1% usually mention it, he was right in his response.

    Anyway, glad you got it done though.
    Cheers, but I mentioned it in the op.
    01-25-2016 02:49 PM

Similar Threads

  1. How do I email a photo from my Macbook 6s OS X El Capitan?
    By iMore Question in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 10:55 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 02:04 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 01:46 AM
  4. All my albums have disappeared from my iPhone. Help!
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 01:22 AM
  5. Why does my perspective option on my phone not show whenever I try to set a picture?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2016, 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD